Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 01:52 PM   #1
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

Im in several cake classes this semester
so far though half of my spongecakes made in class dont turn out right
I think its because the teachers recipes suck or our flour is too weak.
So ive been experimenting at home with variations on the recipes in order to find the perfect moist and light cake
So far, ive had 4 failures and 2 successes
the two successes im not sure i would classify as cake though
They both fell a lot after they came out of the oven like as if they were souffles, but i really liked how moist they were.
the first fallen souffle i made had the crumb of a poundcake, but was lighter than one; while the second success has the texture of a chiffon cake but is much more moist; some spots are a bit crunchy indicating i didnt fully fold in all of the flour but i still count it as a success since it was moist and very light.
Next time i try makign it ill redo what i did with the chiffon like cake except ill try folding in 3 or 4 batches rather than just one.
Heres the recipe i used for the lasted success incase anyone wants to try it out
5 eggs seperated
3 oz by weight cake flour
2 oz by weight granulated sugar
4 oz stick unsalted butter
vanilla to taste
Gabrielles blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 02:45 PM   #2
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Ummm...so I thought you were talking about your easy classes...I'm so confused. Darn metaphors!

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 07:56 PM   #3
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

Try this one & see what your teacher says:

Kitty Litter Cake
==================

1 spice or German Chocolate cake mix
1 white cake mix
1 pkg white sandwich cookies
1 large pkg vanilla instant pudding mix
Green food coloring
12 small Tootsie Rolls
1 *NEW* kitty litter box
1 *NEW* kitty litter box plastic liner
1 *NEW* pooper scooper

Prepare cake mixes and bake according to directions (any size pans).
Prepare pudding mix and chill until ready to assemble.
Crumble white sandwich cookies in small batches in blender,
they tend to stick, so scrape often. Set aside all but about 1/4 cup.

To the 1/4 cup cookie crumbs, add a few drops green food coloring and mix using a fork or shake in a jar.

When cakes are cooled to room temperature, crumble into a large bowl.

Toss with half the remaining white cookie crumbs and the chilled pudding. You probably won't need all of the pudding, mix with the cake and "feel" it, you don't want it soggy, just moist; gently combine.

Line new, clean kitty litter box. Put mixture into litter box.

Put three unwrapped Tootsie rolls in a microwave safe dish and heat until soft and pliable. Shape ends so they are no longer blunt, curving slightly. Repeat with 3 more Tootsie rolls and bury in mixture.

Sprinkle the other half of cookie crumbs over top. Scatter the green cookie crumbs lightly over the top, this is supposed to look like the chlorophyll in kitty litter.

Heat remaining Tootsie Rolls, 3 at a time in the microwave until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake and sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Spread 5 of the remaining Tootsie Rolls over the top; take one and heat until pliable, hang it over the side of the kitty litter box; sprinkling it lightly with cookie crumbs.

Place the box on a newspaper and sprinkle a few of the cookie crumbs around.

Serve with a *new* pooper scooper.

Oh, and take pictures!! Of the cake, of the people looking at the cake, at the people eating the cake...

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 08:51 PM   #4
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I like yellow cake mix from Betty Crocker... [img]smile.gif[/img]
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night - Consort to a Queen- Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way - Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons - Heart, Mind, and Soul- Newbie at Heart - ()xxxxxxxxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::::::::>
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 09:30 PM   #5
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

omg that would just kill the teacher lol
i made my carrot cake neon pink in color and he refused to eat it on the grounds that it didnt look like good food hehe
Gabrielles blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 10:36 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I like that kitty litter cake, vulcanrider! I've got a couple of people that are worth it...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 05:25 PM   #7
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

You could do a Marble Cake - Cook a basic white cake and as it is cooling, cut top about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way threw the cake with knife in a slightly random design, making sure to go all over, but not to hurt the structural integrity of the cake. Mix a raspberry Jello Mix (or strawberry or whatever) and pore into the cooling cake's newly formed crevices equally. Then top with whipped cream as frosting. very tasty and gets good originality points with the ladies for their birthdays...not that I've ever done that kind of thing....

BK
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night - Consort to a Queen- Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way - Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons - Heart, Mind, and Soul- Newbie at Heart - ()xxxxxxxxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::::::::>
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote