Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2001, 03:22 AM   #1
GreatPumpkin

Finally finished the game. Hooray!

Is there no way to keep using your party to finish some of the side quests after you finish the main quest? Or will I have to get the expansion right away?

I used one created Barb with Minsc, Jahaira, Imoen, Nadia, and Mazzy. If I can't keep using these guys for now, I might have to start a new game with a couple of created characters or maybe try the solo deal. The solo thing sounds tough. If you play the game as an evil character is the ending any different?

Thanks for any help.

Old 06-18-2001, 03:31 AM   #2
Rolzi_69
The Magister

Well hello NEW COMER!!!
And the solo play is very hard.Even on Novice its hard. Try 3 characters its probly easier.

------------------
Rolzi_69 will reign supreme over all!!!!
Old 06-18-2001, 03:41 AM   #3
Sigmar
Unicorn

Yes I belive the ending is differant if you ACT evil throughout the game. No there is no way to go back and do the side quests once you have finished the game and if you want to solo I recommend using the charecter you finished the game with or the one man army, the monk.(Memnoch and the rudedawg know a lot more about soloing then me ask them)

------------------
Sigmar has only one foe,
and he is Tiax!
Old 06-18-2001, 04:01 AM   #4
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

I've never gone solo (or actually finished BG2), but...

I get the impression that some aspects are easier - read the diary on Baldurdash web site for some good hints.

Things like - protection from magic/undead (protect your _entire_ party!), no more annoying AI (I'm going to walk over the trap to get there...). Definately easier to keep track of battles. I think the vital thing is choice of character - A multi mage/thief may well work well IMO, but there's been good discussion about this elsewhere.
Old 06-19-2001, 02:07 AM   #5
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

Ok, once you enter Hell, you can't go back and complete any quests unless you cheat. You can't exit Hell. And I believe with TOB, you can't play the great dungeon either.
I believe there are 2 parts to TOB, one is a big dungeon that is located in the countryside you can play as part of a normal game, then there is a add-on quest AFTER you defeat Slayer in Hell.
SO TOB is really has a add-in dungeon area, and a add-on dungeon area. Im not sure but I hear you can't do the first dungeon if you are alreay in hell, since beating the game then takes you to the 2nd part.
Old 06-19-2001, 02:39 AM   #6
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Well I dont know about the ToB stuff but what you can do is go to your last save and export your character and then finish the game again. (you cant export AFTER youve won it.) Then just begin a new game and do allthe side quests.

Monks Rock. Ask me I know lol. Lots of fun to play with because they do so well in combat and have some healing abilities. Not to mention the Stun ability and Quivering palm Tough lil suckers

Take it easy

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!