Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2001, 01:43 PM   #21
BG2SOA

Your pic doesn't work.

------------------

Don't mess with the Lich
Old 03-31-2001, 01:45 PM   #22
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by John D Harris:
IWD portaits have more of a mystic dream feel. Personaly I prefer the Fazetta or Vallejo look, but then again I' an old Fart.
And just how old is an 'olde farte' Mr Harris?

------------------
"Check the sustain on this one ... aaaaaaaa, I mean you could go out for a bite and there'd still be aaaaaaaaa"

"Can I touch it?"
"No. It can't be played"
"Can I look at it?
"No we've seen enough of that one....."

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 03-31-2001, 01:52 PM   #23
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

this is my monk i like custom portraits. i get mine mostly from http://www.planetbaldursgate.com/nightshade/index2.html

------------------
Old 03-31-2001, 02:13 PM   #24
Hesperex

I have to say I like the IWD/HOW portraits better, I always use them along with a few custom ones anyway in Bg2

Entreri - I hope you asked the artist if you could use that Jarlaxle pic I bet you nicked it from Elfwood didn't you? ...???? come on admit it

------------------

My website http://hesperex.8k.com
Hesperex Freth: 1st son of Matron Mother Shi'nayne Freth, 1st house of Ched'Nesad. Weapon master and patron of house Freth.

[This message has been edited by Hesperex (edited 03-31-2001).]

Old 03-31-2001, 02:15 PM   #25
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
And just how old is an 'olde farte' Mr Harris?

Well, let's put it this way...
I remember when D&D came in a box. $12 or $15 U.S. the rules, spell list, monster list all fit in a 60 to 80 page booklet( the booklet may have smaller than that , but I would forget my name if my wife didn't write it in my underwear) , along with a set of die (4,6,8,10,12,&20 sided) made out of that really cheap plastic that is a half a step above ear wax. Your first dungeon and DM notes were in a 12 page booklet if I remember right. No offense to the younger members but I probibly got... er...socks that are older.

Remember growing old is manditory, growing up is optional. I reserve the right not to exersize that option then it comes to playing games

[This message has been edited by John D Harris (edited 03-31-2001).]

Old 03-31-2001, 02:56 PM   #26
Ransah
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hmm.. Icewind Dale portraits are quite nice, very much different from BG2's ones, but nice. But I'm not a fan of either portraits of IWD or BG2. I've used my own custom portraits with my own created party of 5 since BG1 to IWD to BG2.

Male Fighter/Thief portrait snatched from Thief: The Dark Project (pic of Garrett)
Female Conjurer portrait by Chris Achilleos
Male Bard by Keith Parkinson
Female Ranger/Cleric by Luis Royo
Male Ranger by Keith Parkinson

------------------

.-::: Ransah 'the dagger'
| "I'm a busy man. I got
| places to rob, monsters to kill!"
'------ - - - - - -
Old 03-31-2001, 02:57 PM   #27
white heron
Manshoon

I like the IWD portraits too and sometimes use a couple,along with other custom ones.
Funny thing about the BG2 ones though,:Take Nalia for examplke,Her big portrait looks GOOD!,but in her small portrait she looks like an old bag!
In most small portraits ,they either look worn out or like they're on psychoactive substances!

------------------
"I can carry no more! ,I must drop what you gave me upon the ground."
Old 03-31-2001, 04:35 PM   #28
Hesperex

Quote:
Originally posted by John D Harris:
[B] Well, let's put it this way...
I remember when D&D came in a box. $12 or $15 U.S. the rules, spell list, monster list all fit in a 60 to 80 page booklet( the booklet may have smaller than that , but I would forget my name if my wife didn't write it in my underwear) , along with a set of die (4,6,8,10,12,&20 sided) made out of that really cheap plastic that is a half a step above ear wax. Your first dungeon and DM notes were in a 12 page booklet if I remember right. No offense to the younger members but I probibly got... er...socks that are older.

Remember growing old is manditory, growing up is optional. I reserve the right not to execute that option then it comes to playing games
[B]

Allas my friend I am a drow elf, I am but a young man in elven terms but I fear I am at least twice your age at 117 years old.

------------------

My website http://hesperex.8k.com
Hesperex Freth: 1st son of Matron Mother Shi'nayne Freth, 1st house of Ched'Nesad. Weapon master and patron of house Freth.

Old 03-31-2001, 07:20 PM   #29
Lord Shield

John D Harris, you've just described my first RPG with that description. Was your box brown or red?

Old 03-31-2001, 07:39 PM   #30
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

If I remember correctly it was a two color(cyan{blue} & black) box.I do'nt think they could afford four color printing at the time. I'll have to check in my attic.