Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2001, 12:20 AM   #1
fighter-thief

about dualing if you think it would be fun or a good idea them do it thats the beuty of this game you can win it no matter what you are i say do it and give them hell[the enemy]

Old 02-01-2001, 12:26 AM   #2
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

fighter-thief, I may just do it. Not sure when is best, level-wise. Any suggestions from you number-crunching players? What's the ideal level (or ballpark levels) for dualing a fighter to a mage so as to get the most out of the dual class?
Old 02-01-2001, 12:44 AM   #3
fighter-thief

the level your at now is the best because after that[lvl 9 ]you already have a good thac0 and hit points are high just this much puts you well ahead of pure class mages so in other word you'll live alot longer [can't beat that]and your early enough that you'll get to use higher level spells

Old 02-01-2001, 12:50 AM   #4
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

thanks! I may do it. Still contemplating my 'final' party for going to spellhold. Plan to take Yoshimo so as to end up with Imoen and possibly use Jan after getting back to mainland. Would have left me woefully low on magic wielders before getting Imoen back.

Only problem is, can a fighter/mage wear armor to cast spells? I'm thinking they probably can't. Makes it tricky in a battle where you can't 'change armor' while fighting.
Old 02-01-2001, 12:57 AM   #5
fighter-thief

your correct in thinking mages cant wear armor but the robes of the apprenti are pretty good as far as AC goes

Old 02-01-2001, 12:59 AM   #6
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Not sure I've run across those.
Old 02-01-2001, 09:33 AM   #7
fighter-thief

i was wondering what caused you ,or influenced you to pick a certain class and defend it so much that it causes you to get unhappy when someone said there class is better than yours

Old 02-01-2001, 10:12 AM   #8
Moiraine
Anubis

Hi Fighter-Thief !

My very first AD&D character has been a Gnome thief/illusionist. Besides I am small and smiles a lot and makes jokes, so my best friends ended up calling me (affectionately) "the Gnome". So I am VERY protective of Gnomes !

And, being a very honest person in real life, I so enjoy playing a thief : lying, getting information from people, entering unnoticed into other people houses, and the slight lack of scruples ...

Can any of you teach me how to open a lock with a hairpin ? I would LOVE that
Old 02-01-2001, 10:23 AM   #9
fighter-thief

Hey Moiraine
i'm glad you replied i was starting to think this was going nowhere picking lockes to day with hairpins isn't as easy as the old locks they are alot harder due to the tumblers and catch pins

as for me i'm simuliar to your idea about being a thief and i like the idea of sneaking in unnoticed and "taking care of business"and there is honor only amoung thieves

Old 02-01-2001, 10:52 AM   #10
Ramon

Hi there !

I picked a dualled fighter/mage because I like the flexibility of it. If the mood strikes me or the situation calls for it I can tank, but I usually prefer to indulge in the wonderfully complex AD&D magic system, for me the best part of the game - apart from
the character interaction. Also, I prefer the
pc to really be the party leader, I for sure am more comfortable with having a 135plus hps
fighter/mage upfront than a 60 hps pure mage.

So long,

Ramon