Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2003, 10:58 AM   #11
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Cristian:
ok when its sunny and warm outside people tend to say it is very NICE weather outside when its dark and its raining its BAD weather...who are they to decide what weather is good or bad? i think when it rains its so cosy and nice to be inside and also fun to be outside and i think that is NICE weather...
Explanation:

There is a hormone (I forgot it's name) that is released when triggered by sunlight. This hormone makes you happier and thus it is an inherent part of human nature that they are happier when the sun is shining. Therefore, biologically and psychologically, YOU are wierd if you think rainy weather (when it's usually dark cos it's cloudy) is NICE [img]tongue.gif[/img] because it must mean that your body is not manufacturing enough of this hormone. Why do you think people go on holiday to places sunnier and warmer than their home?
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 06-01-2003, 11:45 AM   #12
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Faceman:
quote:
Originally posted by Beaumanoir:
I think that the key factor is wind!!! I think a good day is any day without wind [img]smile.gif[/img] Rain is fun, and sun is "nice" [img]tongue.gif[/img] But unless you're a rabid kite enthusiast then I think nobody really likes very windy days [img]smile.gif[/img]
Honestly, I like sunny weather (not as much as rainy does but well). But a sunny day with no wind is a killer. There has to be a slight breeze at least. [/QUOTE]Actually I agree there! I phrased my statement wrong. I love a slight breeze on a hot day [img]tongue.gif[/img] But when I say wind, I mean WIND! a lil breeze is nice. WINDY WIND is 'orrible [img]tongue.gif[/img] Even in the warth is not nice. When on holiday in tunisia the wind was high and all the sand was blown into you legs at highspeeds! And it REALLY hurts! [img]graemlins/awcrap.gif[/img]
Old 06-01-2003, 12:30 PM   #13
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Drake:
ive been wondering the same thing most my life
And what an interesting life you must have had...

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Old 06-01-2003, 12:38 PM   #14
Drake
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Raistlin Majere:
quote:
Originally posted by Drake:
ive been wondering the same thing most my life
And what an interesting life you must have had... [/QUOTE]*stops after hours of twiddling thumbs* yes, yes it has been. *goes back to twiddling thumbs*
Old 06-01-2003, 05:14 PM   #15
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Cristian:
ok when its sunny and warm outside people tend to say it is very NICE weather outside when its dark and its raining its BAD weather...who are they to decide what weather is good or bad? i think when it rains its so cosy and nice to be inside and also fun to be outside and i think that is NICE weather...
I'm sure it has something to do with that fact that while now we have cars and so on, they are very recent inventions, and historically rainy weather is very unpleasant re getting out and about. I like rain myself but I don't particularly enjoy wandering about in it when I'm not looking to get wet. Not to mention that urban living is also much more common than it used to be and people used to be predominantly rural dwellers who had large or small farms and working in the rain, while good for the crops, isn't very 'nice'.

Though the psychological answers are also plausible as well
Old 06-02-2003, 02:22 AM   #16
Lil Lil

not to mention that you are more succeptable to cold viruses when the weather is "bad".

Personally, I think that any weather conditions that are not life threatening are nice as long as the temperature remains above freezing (and that lightening and thunder are cool when they are at a distance).

Beaumanoir,
When the Santa Anna winds hit Tucson, AZ it provides for some serious maneuverability challenges but being able to "stand" while your face is literally just inches from the ground is a crack up. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]