Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2002, 08:19 AM   #1
Sigmar
Unicorn

This is the information, copied and pasted from the site, and it's true too so don't worry.

Here they are-

Sonic Adventure [GameCube]:
---------------------------

That's right, the original Sonic Adventure is heading
to the Cube, hopefully at a discounted price. The
details of this port haven't been unveiled yet,
although given the sheer power of the Cube, a two or even four player split screen mode wouldn't be mission impossible.

The original celebrates it's fourth birthday this year, but unlike the other new Sonic games announced this week, Sonic Adventure doesn't have a release date as of yet. (ed - lol, isn't it amazing how we wrote two paragraphs when we only have the name of the game!) (ed's other split personality - err... I don't think we should be too proud of that)

Sonic Mega Collection [GameCube]:
---------------------------------

This one is quite possibly a port of Sonic Jam, which
would explain the "Mega" in the title (which might
have to be changed to "Genesis" for America). The
original is one of Sega World Weekly's most treasured
possessions (the other being about 70 hours of Smpsons episodes on tape, lol), but over the years of
play we've come to be picky about our Sonic's heritage and could suggest a few possible improvements:

1) The second player can see where Tails is through their Gameboy Advance screen.

2) The extra disk space is put to great use by
including a movie tour of Sonic Team's HQ. That
alone would make the retro pack gold again.

3) A real reward for finishing all the tasks in the 3D zone.

4) Use of the GameCube's massive memory chips to turn he debug cheat into a real level editor.

5) Simple, more games, for example Sonic CD.

6) A merchandise section to go with pictures, music
and movies.

7) More than one save file for each game.

8) A hyper speed mode, turning up the speed of the
entire game by 150% or even a whopping 200%! Surely
unplayable yes, but damn cool and easy to do with
the emulator system.

9) All the cheats in a hidden options screen rather
than being activated through individual codes.

10) Even though it makes no sense at all, put NiGHTS
into the pack. Come on, you know you want to!

The Sonic Mega Collection is due out before the end of the year in Japan.

Sonic Advance 2 [GBA]:
----------------------

While Nintendo gamers seemed content with re-hashed old Mario titles to churn through on their GBA, Sonic Advance was a brand new 2D adventure for the next generation.

Yep Sonic was back in 2D where he belongs (that's not biased because everyone knows the 2D games were the best, lol!) and thanks to the success of the game, a sequel in indeed on it's way.

Whether Sonic Team themselves are designing the sequel or not remains to be seen, but given the fantastic job Dimps did with the original, either way 2D fans are in for a real treat.

Given the leaps of quality between Sonic 1, 2 and 3 on the old Genesis, all eyes will be on whether the same advances have been made here too.

Sonic Advance 2 is due out for the Gameboy Advance before the end of this year in Japan."
Old 07-02-2002, 09:10 AM   #2
Grojlach
Zartan

*shivers*
Old 07-02-2002, 09:50 AM   #3
Deathbringer

Interesting, I always thought of Sonic as a 'SEGA' icon, interesting that nintendo is adopting sonic.

[ 07-02-2002, 09:51 AM: Message edited by: Deathbringer ]

Old 07-02-2002, 02:51 PM   #4
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Yea I thought the same DeathBringer
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 07-02-2002, 02:53 PM   #5
BrandonL
Manshoon

I'm glad, especally since the games are for the GC and GBA, yes, I already got Sonic Adventure 2, very good game.