Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2003, 05:50 PM   #1
untouchable
Manshoon

I was just curious what the best item/spell you've found in the start dungeon. I recently found a set of Plate mail on a goblin, must've been one strong goblin. I've also come across a scroll of Mass Invisibility, but only once.
Unfortunately I was playing with a cavalier for the scroll and a kensai for the armor. Couldn't use either, but they do add a little extra cash at the start of the game.
Old 02-21-2003, 06:01 PM   #2
Jon Irenicus
Elminster

Err... for my Solo Cavalier my best find in Irenicus' dungeon is the Sword of Chaos and the Helmet of Balduran(did I spell this right?) U found a Plate Mail Armor in the dungeons???????????????? That's Amazing......
Old 02-21-2003, 06:06 PM   #3
andrewas
Harper

A lot of the treasure in that dump is random.

While it is (probably) impossible to find the really good stuff (like a scroll of Wish) it is possible to find excellent stuff that you woudnt expect to be present that early.
Old 02-21-2003, 06:24 PM   #4
Sir Exxon
Zartan

I believe I found a Incendiary Cloud scroll once... Wasn't really useful at the time, though, as I was soloing a Berserker. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 06:27 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Scrolls in Jon's Dungeon are (initally) useless no matter WHAT you're playing, unless you're a Mage or a Bard. Since the only NPC who can scribe them is Imoen, and everything she has will get erased anyway, the only thing you can get out of giving her a good scroll is some party EXP.

(Although you can still toss her all the common ones, like Fireball and MM, for her to cast right from the scroll for extra firepower.)
Old 02-22-2003, 05:25 AM   #6
Alson
Galvatron

Heh... You'll learn to appreciate the value of scrolls when making your way through Improved Ilyich... Suddenly, casting as a level 10 Wizard is an advantage. Not to mention that scrolls are ForceSpell'd.
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 12:51 PM   #7
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Irenicus:
Err... for my Solo Cavalier my best find in Irenicus' dungeon is the Sword of Chaos and the Helmet of Balduran(did I spell this right?) U found a Plate Mail Armor in the dungeons???????????????? That's Amazing......
Those items are a standard equipment of the Fun House..

Little Spoilers:
Sword of Chaos is the reward for either killing/helping the Genie.

Helm of Balduran is always found at the first bedroom on the First level of Irenicus his Dungeon. (Only if you have the Claw of Kazgaratoth (sp?) in your inventory when you import a character from BG I, changes this IIRC)

My most precious ''random treasure'' in the fun house was the level 8 spell Simulacrum.

[ 02-22-2003, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: Annatar ]
Old 02-22-2003, 09:44 PM   #8
Olorin

Breakout Champion Hexxagon Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by untouchable:
I was just curious what the best item/spell you've found in the start dungeon. I recently found a set of Plate mail on a goblin, must've been one strong goblin. I've also come across a scroll of Mass Invisibility, but only once.
Unfortunately I was playing with a cavalier for the scroll and a kensai for the armor. Couldn't use either, but they do add a little extra cash at the start of the game.
Actually, that the goblin was strong enough to wear plate mail is no surprise. Quite a few of them are packing composite longbows after all.

(composite longbows require 18 str)
"Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkun to the Dwarves; Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not"

--The Two Towers
Olorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2003, 09:54 PM   #9
Arias De'Minal
Manshoon

Ackk... I hate that dungeon. But I guess the most interesting thing I've found was the sword of choas or one of the wands. I know those come as gimmie's but I never play through that dungeon anymore, and when I did I always rushed through.
Old 02-22-2003, 10:01 PM   #10
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

True, true. I remember my first game: I was an absolute ace at BG1, but I was 100% newbie at BG2. (When Irenicus started his "Ahh, the Child of Bhaal has awakened" thing, I thought I'd gotten some pirated version of the game by mistake, because I thought the floating text looked so stupid.) Anyway, I finally escape from that place and drag my sorry carcass into the daylight, and use up the last of my Identify scrolls.....OH MY GOD! A Wand of CLOUDKILL!?! Sweetness!