Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2003, 09:37 AM   #21
Whailor

I like it generally, adds some nice things to it. But.. *possible SPOILERS*
Problems with this mod:

1) Is Yoshimo now screwed? I mean his betrayal? Suna Seni now, sort of, betrayes us, but Yoshi doesn't do anything. I was surprized to see that he didn't blink an eye or said anything to the Adept Perth (or who the heck it was in Brynnlaw), and when we got caught in Spellhold by Irenicus, he remained with me and in the end, was in the Asylum dungeon with me. Suna Seni was with Irenicus instead, asking him to spare Valygar. So, what, Yoshi's quest is now wiped?

2) Missing Boo - nice and neat lil' quest, although too bad I could not thwack the wench in the end. Damn I hate such invulnerability tricks. Wonder if I should edit her to fix this.. Anyways, we got the Boo back, whos' now 50ft waterproof, but Boo does not appear in quickslot anymore. When I look in Minsc's inventory, then this new Boo is in quickslot, but when I switch to game screen, he is not and Minsc keep telling how sad he is that there's no Boo anymore. Well, I don't care how sad Minsc may be, but I don't like that I sort of have Boo and yet do not have Boo - on inventory screen he is there, on game screen he is not?

3) Illithium quest - the brother of Unger popped in Copper Coronet, after I saved him, twice. Namely, I spoke with him in the Amaunator temple and he took off after I said that the way is free. Since I didn't ask him about illithium, I traipsed later back to Copper Coronet and asked from him about the illithium. Wanted, anyway. He started to ask me again if the way is free? I said "yep" and he, sort of, danced on the spot and suddenly another copy of him popped out. Guess what? After I killed Neb and spoke with him again, yet another copy popped out, yet another Neb popped out, I got another chunk of Illithium and another head of Neb. And also third. I can open my own pure illithium business in Amn soon like this [img]smile.gif[/img] Basically it's a constant source of illithium and reputation points.

X) Don't know if it's related to this mod, but, when I got caught by Irenicus this time in Spellhold, we had the discussion where he boasts what all he has done and what all he will do to me, then our talk was over and then he cast his spell and... the whole discussion started all over again? Duh.. Deja vu. And suddenly there were 2 Johnny's, 2 Bodhi's, 2 Saemon's, 2 Suna Seni's.. Double the trouble, or should I say, double the XP if I could smack them all. Well, at least after the second conversation it did not repeat anymore. But, it has never happened before with the mods I already have on (Tactics, Ascension, Redemption, Item Upgrades and some Ease-of-Use thing).

Can't recall any other issues so far, I am still testing the game with it. Nice addition to the game, but please, make it addition, not a replacement to existing things [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-26-2003, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: Whailor ]
Old 11-26-2003, 06:01 PM   #22
icelus
Manshoon

#1 and #X(?) are related issues that we are looking into. There are some issues with the cutscenes in Spellhold not triggering correctly. We did not intentionally nullify anything about Yoshimo's quest--it's just a byproduct of the bug. It will get fixed. Promise.

#2 is limited to the fact that Boo is somewhat hard-coded. I will forward your report over to that component's coder to see what can be done.

#3 is also a known bug and has been fixed. The fix should appear in the next version, 1.2, which hopefully will be out before too long.
[url]\"http://modlist.pocketplane.net\" target=\"_blank\">Infinity Engine Modlist</a> - Comprehensive, Interactive, and Up-to-date!<br />[url]\"http://www.pocketplane.net\" target=\"_blank\">Pocket Plane Group</a> and [url]\"http://www.gibberlings3.net\" target=\"_blank\">The Gibberlings Three</a> - your sources for quality IE mods
icelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 06:12 PM   #23
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
Valygar's relationship with Suna Seni? Isn't she with the bandits/slavers that ambush you in athkatla when moving from district to district?
Jaradu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 06:18 PM   #24
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaradu:
Valygar's relationship with Suna Seni? Isn't she with the bandits/slavers that ambush you in athkatla when moving from district to district?
Yes, but originally she was planned to have a lot more character. Follow the link in icelus's sig to the Unfinished Business forums if you want more info.
Old 11-26-2003, 06:19 PM   #25
icelus
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaradu:
Yes... originally Suna Seni had a much larger part to play in the game, but was scrapped at the last minute when it was crunch time for the developers. They just tossed her in that random encounter in the city for lack of a better place. Much of her original dialog, however, still exists in the game, though hidden in various files. Her role, or at least as close to the original plan as we could make, is now restored. Might give people a bit more incentive to take Valygar along...
[url]\"http://modlist.pocketplane.net\" target=\"_blank\">Infinity Engine Modlist</a> - Comprehensive, Interactive, and Up-to-date!<br />[url]\"http://www.pocketplane.net\" target=\"_blank\">Pocket Plane Group</a> and [url]\"http://www.gibberlings3.net\" target=\"_blank\">The Gibberlings Three</a> - your sources for quality IE mods
Old 11-27-2003, 04:13 AM   #26
Whailor

Thanks for the update, icelus. It's very cool that you and your team (?) are doing this. When I played through the BG2 in past, there were SO many hints that there was supposed to be more stuff in it, but wasn't. Didn't know why, until found out that it was all scrapped for whatever reason. Sad. And now that you all are picking it up and making it work again - this interests me a lot [img]smile.gif[/img]

What are the plans, i.e. will you try to find ALL scrapped projects in BG2 and restore them? Would be cool if you could, although I realize that there are perhaps some limits as well, concerning what data you can get regarding these things.

Does, for example, Suna Seni have more to say then these couple lines in Coronet, at the Sphere and in Spellhold? If yes, will you restore it all completely? Haer'Dalis quest? There's few named NPC's in different areas, who don't do anything. Either they indeed don't do anything, or maybe they were a part of some quest as well? Even the Harper Hold quest - yes, we get the bird there, but also in the game is the item "Montaron's body", does it mean that there was another way for this mission in the past?

And so on [img]smile.gif[/img] As you see, many questions remain still [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2003, 10:51 AM   #27
ryaldin
Elminster

As another recent recipient of UB, I found another bug that I think may be connected to UB, owing to that I haven't seen it before. During Bhodi's Cat and Mouse Game, I was towards the southern rooms in the Gauntlet, past the rooms of Umber Hulks into which you get locked in (Umber Hulks...grrr...) and Bodhi showed up. I was somewhat preoccupied (Bone Golem, Greater Mummy, Greater Mummy, Skeleton Warrior and another Skeleton Warrior=> Just a hair more difficult when soloing) anyways, Bodhi doesn't bother me. She just stands there. So curiosity killed the cat, and I went ahead and talked to her. She said something about how maybe I need some motivation or something (forgive me, I can't remember what the proper phrase was) and then the dialogue ends, and then she talks to me again, and this time she says that the game is up, and I'm done for, and turns hostile. And then it repeats. Endlessly. She keeps talking, and saying the same line over and over, and I just attack her, but she's invincible. Ctrl Y doesn't even make a dent. I can beat her to within an inch of her life...and she still tells me that My Time has Come! or some other such thing. Is this a UB bug?
Old 11-27-2003, 12:21 PM   #28
icelus
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Whailor:
Thanks for the update, icelus. It's very cool that you and your team (?) are doing this. When I played through the BG2 in past, there were SO many hints that there was supposed to be more stuff in it, but wasn't. Didn't know why, until found out that it was all scrapped for whatever reason. Sad. And now that you all are picking it up and making it work again - this interests me a lot [img]smile.gif[/img]

What are the plans, i.e. will you try to find ALL scrapped projects in BG2 and restore them? Would be cool if you could, although I realize that there are perhaps some limits as well, concerning what data you can get regarding these things.

Does, for example, Suna Seni have more to say then these couple lines in Coronet, at the Sphere and in Spellhold? If yes, will you restore it all completely? Haer'Dalis quest? There's few named NPC's in different areas, who don't do anything. Either they indeed don't do anything, or maybe they were a part of some quest as well? Even the Harper Hold quest - yes, we get the bird there, but also in the game is the item "Montaron's body", does it mean that there was another way for this mission in the past?

And so on [img]smile.gif[/img] As you see, many questions remain still [img]smile.gif[/img]
We are trying to restore as many cut quests as possible, but, given that we are still quite new to modding, the progress is quite slow. We are trying, though. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Suna Seni component is pretty much complete. We restored as much as we could find out about her, filling in the gaps the best we could. We found hints about her appearance in Spellhold by looking at several script files, and we also learned of her part in the quest to find Valygar by looking at unused journal entries in the dialog.tlk file. The only other place we found a trace of Suna Seni is in the scrapped Minor Villains encounter, which Bioware eventually replaced with Spellhold itself.

Haer'Dalis's two cut quests are high on our agenda, as well as those of Viconia and Keldorn. Minsc's one quest has been restored as well.

If you'd like more info on what we've found, what is planned, and what is not, you might want to visit the mod's forum at: http://forums.fwstudios.net/index.php?showforum=110
Old 11-27-2003, 12:22 PM   #29
icelus
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by ryaldin:
As another recent recipient of UB, I found another bug that I think may be connected to UB, owing to that I haven't seen it before. During Bhodi's Cat and Mouse Game, I was towards the southern rooms in the Gauntlet, past the rooms of Umber Hulks into which you get locked in (Umber Hulks...grrr...) and Bodhi showed up. I was somewhat preoccupied (Bone Golem, Greater Mummy, Greater Mummy, Skeleton Warrior and another Skeleton Warrior=> Just a hair more difficult when soloing) anyways, Bodhi doesn't bother me. She just stands there. So curiosity killed the cat, and I went ahead and talked to her. She said something about how maybe I need some motivation or something (forgive me, I can't remember what the proper phrase was) and then the dialogue ends, and then she talks to me again, and this time she says that the game is up, and I'm done for, and turns hostile. And then it repeats. Endlessly. She keeps talking, and saying the same line over and over, and I just attack her, but she's invincible. Ctrl Y doesn't even make a dent. I can beat her to within an inch of her life...and she still tells me that My Time has Come! or some other such thing. Is this a UB bug?
Yes, this is a known bug, and has been fixed locally. The corrected version should appear in v1.2, which will hopefully be out in a few days.