Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2001, 05:02 PM   #1
Ertai, Wizard Adept

I will try to do it fast
1.- Where is the girdle of frost giant ??
2.- Ive got out of the underdark and in the caves between the underdark and the outside there was a statue that said "sacrifice an animal and the demons sons will wake up" (bad english i guess, translated from spanish). What should i do here ??
3.- Does the thief in the group of mercenaries in the 7 dales (the one that flees when he gets wounded) appear again in the game ??

Old 01-07-2001, 05:11 PM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Ertai (or should I say Adhraell??)
SPOILER...
The answers to Q1 and 2 are the same. Summon something and make it walk in front of the statue of Demogorgon. What appears will have the Girdle of Frost Giant Strength. Be warned, he won't give it up lightly...

3. Don't know about the thief, i killed him outright. normally when enemies flee you will find them just outside the door. Unless we're not talking about the same thief...
Old 01-07-2001, 05:43 PM   #3
Ertai, Wizard Adept

Hmmm...i have a lot of names... Im Cirdan too...and Tessio... (maybe that denotes a perturbed personality )

About the thief, i mean this party that you find just when you exit irenicus dungeon in chapter 1, at the beginning of the game. They are a mage (he says he is from the purple brotherhood or something like this), his familiar, a fighter dwarf, a human berserker or barbarian and the thief that tries to flee when he is near to death. Maybe if youre fast you can beat him but i didnt do it cause i supposed he appeared later in the game. I thought this cause when i casted detect evil only his name appeared. As the others SURE are evil, I supposed he was the only important character here (like when you cast dectect evil and only important character appear, not the kobolds or goblins). Maybe Im wrong.

PS: have you read The lord of the rings ?? What is the nickname of Cirdan ?? I knkow it in spanish, its something like Shipmaker or Boatmaker but how is exactly in english ??

THANXX

Old 01-07-2001, 05:46 PM   #4
Ertai, Wizard Adept

OH i forgot another question...SPOILER (not for memnoch of course )
-
-
-
- When i got of the underdark and went to athkatla, I found Drizzt in the way and recruited him to kill bodhi. In the same area, a harper appeared and told jaheira that now she was considered and assasin and she has to go to the harpers guild. i think ive already done this. Im confused or its a bug ??

Old 01-07-2001, 05:50 PM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

You will get periodic visits from Harpers with Jaheira. One guy visits her about 3 times i think so don't worry for now. What was Jaheira's response dialogue? was it the same as before?

About the thief, that must mean he's still active somewhere - anywhere as in you haven't killed him yet. don't worry about him, he's nothing.

Tell me the nickname in Spanish, I'll ask my father (he's half-Spanish). Me, hablas poquitos but i will ask him about it!
Old 01-07-2001, 05:59 PM   #6
Ertai, Wizard Adept

About Jahy, i think it was the same (not sure). and yes, it was a guy that already had come about 3 times (jaheiras tutor or something like this)
About the thief, OK
About Cirdan, dont worry about it, the translation is what i told you but i want to know how is it exactly in the book (maybe the translation to spanish is so FREE, sometimes happens) but THANKS anyway.

By the way, about the other topic (extracting the mage gif) i cant find infinity explorer in teambg. Ive downloaded infinity engine editor but that doesnt allow me to load BAM files so i suppose this isnt the correct one. The explorer is in the player section or the developer section ?? Anyway ive looked in both of them and cant seem to find it.

THANKS AGAIN

Old 01-07-2001, 06:07 PM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Hmm. I checked and it wasn't there. Here it is, i found it in our own backyard (Ironworks!!!!!) can't believe we've all been going to TeamBG when it's been right there all along

Oh well, give it a go, there are THOUSANDS of images. It really sux how it's not in any order. You have chickens mixed up with ankhegs mixed up with drow, but have a go, you'll find lots of interesting stuff.

Tip: Extract ALL the images you think you might want before you loop them because that GIF think i was talking about expires after 15 days so do them all at once.
Old 01-07-2001, 06:10 PM   #8
Ertai, Wizard Adept

THANKS AGAIN FRIEND !!!

Old 01-07-2001, 07:08 PM   #9
Ertai, Wizard Adept

Memnoch i have the gif but i dont have a web page to store it. Do you know any site when i can store it to use as my signature ?? thanks (sorry to thank so much, but i have to do it)

Old 01-07-2001, 07:12 PM   #10
Ertai, Wizard Adept

Actually i did lie to you i have located the mage in the bam file and ive downloaded the gif editor but in fact i dont know how to use. Fast help ??

THANKS ejem...