Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2001, 12:29 AM   #1
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

From the title you would guess that i would lavish praise on Memnoch or Armisael or even Yorrick or Rikard. Nope. I feel there is someone on the board whom we should all congradulate for being mature, sensible and just all-round nice, and he is............. The.Relic!!!!!

The.Relic has been a long-standing member of our online community who has provided support and thoughts that have been of great assistence while never promoting himself. In the dark times of the "Nameless Flamer" who was banished by Ziroc he was the only one of us who didd'nt respond with more flaming. When insulted he handeled in a mature and honest way.

For this and much more, i think we owe The.Relic a Salute.
Anyone care to join me?
Old 01-07-2001, 01:39 PM   #2
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

Long live caps locks he says
i though you were over that

hm wait
Relic don't read this

Relic is an old man
he can bring the patience to
not insult The nameless flayer(s)
and me
well
i'm not very healty in my head
so what did you expect?

and what do you mean first think of memnoch armiseal yorick or even rikard?
I should be the first you would think about
ya stinking Fake Paladin

hm come to think of it
nobody read this
pretty insulting
but
that has it's reasons
lack of sleep
i hope you forgive me
and if not
screw yourself
(got a new snowboard with a bag'o screws litterly telling you to screw yourself)

My vote goes to
someone always ready to help someone
in times of trouble
even the answer isn't there
someone who stands up for lower classes
eventhough he says he is the devil
my vote goes to Satan
er no Beëlzebub
no
ehm
Memnoch
Old 01-07-2001, 01:54 PM   #3
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

this isnt a poll you ignorant twat, i just thought Relic deserved a little recogition OK?

What the hell is it with you anyway? I get headaches trying to dechiper you almost incomperhensible posts sometimes let alone trying to post a reply to such an otherworldly and negitive response! Yes i agree Memnoch does help a lot on the board but no-one stops bloody praising him, i just think we should reconise that we are all a community rather than a bunch of people gathered to worship celebrity styled members! I could swear i have never seen you post anything even slightly thought provoking! your reccent "fighters should be banned" post revealed that you obvioudly diddn't appreciate the game on as many levels as you could have and the fact that you have failed to look at the game in depth or seen any of its inner social workings!

Ah crap, sorry, like you i dont sleep much..... please no-one take any offence to anything said above.

Oh, and about capslock, anyone care to join me in the worship of the CAPSLOCK god and his brother the SHIFT key?? (looks around room) no, ok, i'll go now
Old 01-07-2001, 02:16 PM   #4
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Jerome, Rikard is I believe Dutch so for a second language is doing alright. At least you didn't flame a dyslexic like I did (hangs head in shame).

This is possibly not the best topic to put on the board as it can alienate people. We all have our favourites, people we get along with more than others, but to verbalise that as a sort of popularity contest on a posting affects the way we relate to each other. Inspiring jealousy or plain "how come I wasn't mentioned, my posts are pretty cool.."

Maybe the title "the.Relic Rocks" would have been better and giving him recognition alone without needless comparisons to others.

Also Rikards "fighters should be banned" thread was actually a humorous dig at my "magic should be banned" thread, which was in turn a humorous dig at the "I hate harpers and Druids" thread by angry lil'man. Now who's the 'ignorant twat' to use your words.

Finally I noticed your apology was on the same post! If you wanted to take it back you could have hit delete. I myself have wanted to take back stuff I've posted but after 'reply this topic' is hit, there's no reeling it back in.... kind of like verbal words eh?
Old 01-07-2001, 02:18 PM   #5
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Right i official declare this thread should freefall.

I regret ever posting it
Old 01-07-2001, 03:45 PM   #6
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

Why is my view on RPG's onesided becoz i don't like fighter?
i played bg1 with fighters
got killed over and over again

so i hate fighters

and jerome was it not you looking forward to agruments between the two of us???
i was only trying to help you
Yes i know Relic is a great man
but still
it was a bit of fun
i didn't meant it and shit
like yorick already told
Old 01-07-2001, 04:32 PM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Jerome,

I agree with your thoughts on Relic totally and I admire and respect him, especially after the Nameless Flamer incident. But why drag me into it? Celebrity styled member? I've never thought of myself as that. I believe that everyone on this board is equal. Some may post more, some less, but i'd like to think i've never posted spam to get my numbers up. Every post i made (well 95% of them) have been to help people with answers. And these are repetitive answers mind u, i could just as easily tell someone to use the search button but no, I answer them. Over and over again sometimes. Just like everyone else on this board. I certainly don't think I'm better than anyone else just because i've posted more, and I can't help people praising me because i don't ask for it anyway. I think I do know a lot about BG2 but that's because I've beaten the game twice, not because I've posted a lot.

Well enough of that, I'll certainly join you in a salute to Relic!
Old 01-07-2001, 04:55 PM   #8
Ertai, Wizard Adept

HI RELIC !!!! Respect for you, tough i wasnt here during that incident (i only read a topic where a guy tried to f*ck people and only said stupidities, was him ??).

Well, about the forum, i agree with Memnoch that everyone here is an equal, a member, but i also must admit that there is people who has beaten the game more times, so knows more about the game. And if they are kind with people too (like Memny for example) they become references here. But that shouldnt create envy or jealousy cause everyone who plays and is gentle with people can become a reference here and sure he will be welcome. Thats why I play so much

Well, congratulations to the Relic and to everyone in this board that tries to make this a better place (which in fact already is).

PS: I hope you have understood me, english is my 2nd language too

Old 01-07-2001, 05:18 PM   #9
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Right, ok.

I formally apologise to anyone who has taken offence to anything i have posted. Memnoch you have my respect and i diddn't mean to reffer to you as a celebrity. latley i've been through a rough patch which has caused be to be slightly more agressive towards everyone. I realise this is unfair and i've calmed down a lot since my last post, please lets hear no more of it.

Rikard, yes i do hope our "FRIENDLY" rivraly can continue but i diddn't mean to insult your english. Hell, you should see my dutch! Seriously i understand how difficult it is to adapt to another language and again i apologise for insulting your english. Rivraly aside you have gained a friend this day.

Finally i made a mistake in creating the post. As you said memnoch we are all equal on the board and no one should be regared higher than the rest. I felt prehaps we could all learn a bit from relic, and we all can. But i dont need to create posts dedicated to him to do that. Sorry once again for the entire thing.

Your teenage years ARE for learing from your mistakes......right?
Good! now let this post freefall or i really will get angry!
Old 01-07-2001, 07:43 PM   #10
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

hmm... well, you give recognition to those people who truly deserved it ... how do you do it? if it is not right to make a post and say it then how can you truely give the recognition he deserves... email?? ok.. i guess thats one... but people should know you know... that is what i think... that is what i beleive... its ok to make little praises on things but not a fan worshiping post...

hey ...isnt it nice to have a compliement of gratitude or a simple thank you for fellow readers?? i think i do...

ps: im not sure what free fall means really but if it is what i think it is... then im just quite late in putting this message and i do really want to put my opinion...