Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2002, 06:03 PM   #1
Wedin

I was in the Catacombs of Candlekeep, and doing some stuff that would spoil if I wrote it. It is irrelevant though.Well, when I killed a monster, he droped a scroll of WRAITH FORM. It is a level 3-wizard spell, which gives you some bonus AC (I think), Immunity to +1 wepons or less, and 25% Magic Resistance. The drawback was that you couldn't cast spells after casting this.
I have never even seen this spell before. It is not in the Instruction Booklet, and I don't think I have downloaded any custom spells either.
Have any of you encountered this one before?
Old 03-13-2002, 06:32 PM   #2
Lavindathar
Harper

Never heard of it!!

And dropped by a monster you say, how unusual. Have you got Dark Side installed? That could be it!

And you "think" you've not downloaded any spells...hmm...u mite have done then.

Print screen a copy of this spell, and email me with it at

Lavindathar@hotmail.com
Old 03-13-2002, 10:46 PM   #3
Mossy
Dungeon Master

You have DSotSC installed that's one of TeamBG's spells.
Mossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 12:48 AM   #4
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

As I understand it, it is a scroll that appears randomly and rarely in regular BG1/Tales, i.e., it was implemented, it's occurence is just incredibly rare. So I have heard, anyway. I think Cone of Cold is another such spell, although possibly that is one can only be CLUAed and never may never have been implemented, not totally sure. There are a number of items that are CLUAable but were never implemented into the game. But anyway I have heard of Wraith Form appearing in official Tales games.
Old 03-14-2002, 04:33 AM   #5
Katherine
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Lemernis:
There are a number of items that are CLUAable but were never implemented into the game.

That's for sure. There are many duplicate items, too. If you look through the *.itm files, you find many strange things and many things that look half done. There's even an item that has "test" in its name. I don't think they cleaned up the files very well before the final compile or something.

Wraith Form is a 3rd level spell that is in the official release. It's spell SPWI315.

If you want to CLUA it in to try it, the code is: SCRL1R

Cone of Cold is: SCRL2F
Old 03-14-2002, 12:58 PM   #6
Pippin
Dungeon Master

Just got to say that I`ve got this spell too!And that`s without Dark side, only TOTSC installed. But I don`t remember where I got it=) As a matter of fact I seem to remember that I bought it, but that don`t seems like it after what you others said.
Pippin is offline   Reply With Quote