Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2001, 10:56 AM   #1
PreciousGollum
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I need to meet up with Jaylos and Caehan but they don't seam to be there,wondering around I discovered the plight of the Playhouse actor and so went off in search of an entrance to the sewers and can't find that either.Oh what to do,what to do?

------------------
"It hurts us,it hurts us.It freezes,it bites!"
Old 04-07-2001, 11:03 AM   #2
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Spoilers
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
#
These are the guys you are supposed to meet for the thieves guild right? They are on the second floor of the Inn. I think you went downstairs instead of upstairs.
The entrance to the sewers is in the Temple district. There are 'grates' to the sewers marked on the map. The door you are looking for when you get in the sewers is in the center top of the map (it is a secret door). Be ready for a tough fight to get to the door!

------------------

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear ignorant,
than open it and remove all doubt!
Old 04-07-2001, 11:06 AM   #3
Melusine
Dracolisk

Can't quite remember who Jaylos and Caehan are...are they the Jan-quest guys? then I believe they're in the left top room of the inn....and the entrance to the sewers is in the temple district, go in and there's a secret door which you'l find using detect traps

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the OHF and the LH

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 04-07-2001, 11:10 AM   #4
PreciousGollum
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank's for the sewer tips Moridin,I've just been reading some of the other posts and it seams I won't be venturing down into the sewers for a while yet,not 'ard enough!

As for my current problem,I went upstairs and did see a fat man and a sleeping women,can't remember if I talked to them.Are they who I'm looking for?

------------------
Old 04-07-2001, 11:17 AM   #5
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Hi Melusine

PreciousGollum: If these are the thieves guild guys, they should (like Melusine said) be in the last room on the left. I don't know if you have to go at a specific time of day? Maybe worth a try going at night/morning/afternoon and see if they appear.

------------------

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear ignorant,
than open it and remove all doubt!
Old 04-07-2001, 11:21 AM   #6
Melusine
Dracolisk

Hi Moridin!
Sorry for spamming this thread...just wanted to say Hi back

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the OHF and the LH

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 04-07-2001, 11:23 AM   #7
PreciousGollum
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ah yes,I think that could be it.I got a big surprise just before I saved when the game switched to daytime,wonderful stuff!Thank's once again for your superfast help service.

------------------
Old 04-07-2001, 12:07 PM   #8
Epona
Zartan

SPOILER
You can avoid the 'tough fight' in the sewers if you know exactly where the door is and are careful not to let your characters wander around the map.

Try saving the game before you head into the sewers. Wander around with a thief hidden in shadows until you find the secret door and any tough looking groups of characters, then you can avoid any potentially fatal encounters by going the long way around. I don't want to spoil you too much though! Rescuing the Bard can be done by a fairly low level party.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas and The Ladies Guild.