Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2001, 12:37 PM   #91
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
ooc...hi! Until my assistant comes back from vacation on Friday, I will be loaded down with work during my day hours. I will do as much as possible, probably utilizing the late night (my time) to have good post interaction. Well, we can still take turns writing this story...and I will not catch up too soon to the tavern. But a suggestion would be for you, Mistral, to get outta that tavern ASAP, so we can barge in and look for clues. Kaz, thanks for joining. We will meet up with you at the tavern if you are interested...or you can do whatever...have fun, and leave somebody for me to kill!!!

Problem: If you join us late night, that would be ~4-5 in the morning my time. We'd never be on at the same time. And... I don't really know who Sakyn is... ?

[This message has been edited by Kaz (edited 10-08-2001).]

Old 10-08-2001, 01:03 PM   #92
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
Problem: If you join us late night, that would be ~4-5 in the morning my time. We'd never be on at the same time. And... I don't really know who Sakyn is... ?
Sakyn? Neither do I, for tht matter! But never fear...as you can see...I am able to sneak around and make quick interactions in the story, so don't worry about it too much...I shall do all I can. In the meantime...post away, and we shall do what we can do. It will all work out.

Old 10-08-2001, 01:13 PM   #93
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

The night passes too slowly, and Mistral is glad as she sees the first signs of dawn through the tiny window. There is a knock on the door, and Serephine opens it.

"Time to go, dear Serephine... I say, did you really have to do that?" Fabian's eyes widen as he sees the tightly bound Mistral. Serephine ignores him and releases her ~"You really should behave yourself".

Before long, they set off and reach the city port, about 500 feet from the Dragon's Breath. "You again, Serephine?" one of the captains sniffs in distaste, while another eagerly addresses her. "So soon, Serephine? You know the price."~Licks his kips greedily as she produces her bulging money pouch.

"I must say, Tudor, twenty thousand gold pieces is a large sum when you know there's absolutely no risk involved."

"No risk involved!! My good madam, consider the damages that are done each time we go through this..." What are they talking about , Mistral wonders, perplexed. "That's why we pay you good money to replace them... oh, alright. Lead the way," sighs Serephine, "I wonder why I even bother to speak to you."

As they cross the plank, Mistral studies the ship with keen interest. It has sails the colour of a shimmering green, and an odd-looking ornament protruding at the helm... a scythe... Am I imagining things, or there is some relation between my wound and this... where are they taking me, anyway? Fabian places her on a wooden bench crudely nailed onto the boards, while Serephine's eyes scan across her surroundings.

"Good journey to you, m'lady!" Tudor shouts as he hops off the plank back to the mainland. The ship sails off under Serephine's direction and Fabian's steering.

The ship drifts peacefully for a while, and Mistral sits, nursing her injured right ankle. All of a sudden, the ship begins to rock and a huge force seems to spin it out of control. Mistral stands up, swaying as the tides hit the ship relentlessly.

"I hate this, Serephine!" Fabian shouts, while Serephine calmly ignores him.

Soon, the ship begins to whirl. Mistral's heart races as it begins to sink further while continuing on its circular motion. The waves are rising!

It's...a whirlpool...

{ooc: After tossing and turning in my bed for the past few hours when I should be asleep, I've roughly figured out a sub-plot for my character. I'm doing this for you, Larry - I've about 4 hours of sleep left before I wake up at 5.25 am later today...}
Old 10-08-2001, 01:18 PM   #94
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

For me???
Getting yourself killed in a whirlpool!

~Larry shakes his head, in amazement.

I hope I am up to the challenge!
You certainly have made things interesting.

...Edit...

.thinking for a minute...
Does this have anything to do with my sword that has some sorta sea-elven properties???
hmmm....

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-08-2001).]
Old 10-08-2001, 01:19 PM   #95
mistral4543

(ooc: Wonder if the characters will be able to meet up by Friday or Saturday... ah well, will check for updates as we go along. btw, Larry, that was just a joke Pray for me that I don't make a fool of myself at the office meeting tomorrow afternoon... I'll need it!)
Old 10-08-2001, 01:21 PM   #96
mistral4543

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
For me???
Getting yourself killed in a whirlpool!

~Larry shakes his head, in amazement.

I hope I am up to the challenge!
You certainly have made things interesting.

...Edit...

.thinking for a minute...
Does this have anything to do with my sword that has some sorta sea-elven properties???
hmmm....

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-08-2001).]
Relax... all shall be revealed... and I don't want to kill off my character yet, not when I've spent precious sleeping hours thinking out a subplot
Old 10-08-2001, 01:26 PM   #97
Neb
Account deleted by Request

(OOC: Would anyone mind if a Sorcerer joined this quest sometime in the future? Because Neb and Avatar might soon be done with their little chase.)
Old 10-08-2001, 01:42 PM   #98
Kaz

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
(OOC: Would anyone mind if a Sorcerer joined this quest sometime in the future? Because Neb and Avatar might soon be done with their little chase.)
Um... ask Killing Spree. I really don't know.
And I'm kind of stuck on my part - ideas please?
Ah yes! Have an idea! Could also help convince Mistral to stay.

Old 10-08-2001, 02:21 PM   #99
Kaz

Kaz stood up. "I'm leaving. I don't have time for this." "Oh, no time for your old friends? Do stay a bit, we must talk," Sakyn smirked, gripping her arm tightly. "Let me go!" the elf shouted, trying to wrench herself free. "Oh, come on my dear, so sensitive? Well, then let us talk outside." Kaz looked helplessly up towards the room where Mistral was imprisoned, but she had problems of her own. Sakyn was mercilessly towing her toward the door. The rest of the patrons studiously ignored them both.
It was dark outside, and Sakyn stopped in an alley near the tavern. "I must say, how nice it is to run into old friends," Sakyn said, smiling cruelly. "We were hardly friends," Kaz spat. "Oh, you are right, and I would dearly love to rip you apart myself," Sakyn sighed. "But today I am here in official business. Do you remember Tyrok?." Kaz felt her heart turn into ice. Sakyn had been a bully, but his brother Tyrok was something else altogether. "Well, he's got a bone to pick with you. I think you can imagine why. We're going to him immediately." Kaz bit her lip, trying to stall. Saying "But what did I do?" she slowly slipped her hand into her pocket. Sakyn spat. "Pah! You know what you did! And now we're going!" "I think not," Kazara said, smiling triumphantly.
Anyone looking towards them would have seen a blinding flash of light and heard a muffled cry. Moments later, Kaz strode out of the alley, still smiling. "Fool, didn't realize I was a mage. But now I'd better get out of here before Tyrok finds me." The thought of what Tyrok would do to her wiped her smile from her face as if it had never existed.

OOC: Don't worry, it'll become clear in time.

Old 10-08-2001, 03:16 PM   #100
Deiter Leafblade
Emerald Dragon

ooc: Sorry guys, I had school today agh....

-Larry woke Deiter up for watch. Getting up, the ranger went a little ways from the camp and scouted around.-

------------------

" If you are guided by the stars, you will only be able to travel by night. If you are guided by a map, you will be dependant on a piece of paper that is easily lost. If you are guided by your soul, you will always choose the right path."