Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2003, 09:03 PM   #1
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

ok so i'm in the tower, gathering pieces of machinery and trying to find lassal. I've done the cleric and the warrior's missions and found a couple of pieces just around. how do i do the Druid's mission(in the arbortoreum) and what exactly do i do?
I'm looking for spoilers so if you want to do it on your own stop reading.
Old 02-08-2003, 09:06 PM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Spoilers

You won't be able to get the four things the druid asks for until later in the game. The fresh water will be found after a combat with a certain ill-tempered female mage. The squirrels, seeds and birds have to be purchased from a merchant that you will encounter later. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 09:16 PM   #3
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

so how do i get upstairs then?
Old 02-09-2003, 08:31 AM   #4
Peytin of Rothmire
Manshoon

If you are talking about the tower with the druid, then if you've met him, that is the top level.

There is another tower that requires you to exit the level from that screen, cross a short bridge and then continue up. The exit is on the left side of the screen.

Hope that helps.

[ 02-09-2003, 08:32 AM: Message edited by: Peytin of Rothmire ]
Peytin of Rothmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2003, 08:34 AM   #5
Micah Foehammer

I'm not sure where exactly you are trying to get upstairs to ... so check out THIS link for a complete map of the severed hand. [img]smile.gif[/img] It should help you navigate. (Click on the Severed Hand on the world map and it will bring a complete map of the main tower and the four sub-towers)

http://www.tgeweb.com/ironworks/icewind/maps.shtml

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 02-09-2003, 03:19 PM   #6
xanderwatts
The Magister

There are 4 pieces of machinery. Once you have them, head up one of the towers. I don't remeber which, but I think it's the priests one. It's the one with the staircase to one of the floors blocked off, so you have to go up this ramp through the centr of the room. Anyway go up the ramp, and instead of going on up the tower, there's an exit to the left of the screen, onto a bridge. From there you can access Larrels tower.
Old 02-09-2003, 07:14 PM   #7
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

figured it out, i missed the piece on the first floor. thx for your help
Old 02-09-2003, 08:05 PM   #8
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

Hey while i've got your attention, i think i missed a quest item. In the first level of dorn's deep, w/ all the ettins and drow and oroogs, I think i need to put something in the one of the statues hands but i don't have anything. Anybody know what i need to do? near the electricty room. I cleared out behind jail, the furnace level and the cave before.
Old 02-10-2003, 08:24 AM   #9
Micah Foehammer

Are you talking about a circular room ringed by a bunch of dwarven statues with a big circular table with 3 sets of concentric rooms?????

read on ... (spoiler)

Look at the runes on the table, notice the order they appear starting from the outer ring and moving in to the center.

At the north part of that room is a secret door. Go thru the secret door, and you'll see another three rings of runes. Starting with the outer rim, step on the corresponding rune in each ring that matches the rune found on the table. When you have done all three rings, go back into the table room and you'll see one of the hammers that the dwarven statues is holding is now lowered. Push on that hammer and the center of the floor in the outer room will drop away, revealing a staircase down. [img]smile.gif[/img]