Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2001, 02:33 AM   #51
KHaN
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Its no wonder people hate us.
Moni, I would like to say, "people in other nations don't hate us" BUT for someone to steal multipule civilian planes full of innocent Americans and commit suicide and at the same time kill 1000's more Americans with those planes...well...that goes way beyond hate IMO. Good to know that this is just a small portion of the world's population. Flots please come to America and live here for a few years before you pass judgement on our way of life. I won't say anything about Britian because I've never been there.

P.S. Liliara...I don't think you know what you are talking about.

------------------

"Heads are gonna roll..."

[This message has been edited by KHaN (edited 09-15-2001).]
Old 09-15-2001, 02:44 AM   #52
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by KHaN:
Moni, I would like to say, "people in other nations don't hate us" BUT for someone to steal multipule civilian planes full of innocent Americans and commit suicide and at the same time kill 1000's more Americans with those planes...well...that goes way beyond hate IMO. Good to know that this is just a small portion of the world's population. Flots please come to America and live here for a few years before you pass judgement on our way of life. I won't say anything about Britian because I've never been there.

P.S. Liliara...I don't think you know what you are talking about.

KHan,
People in other nations abhor behavior like Liliara just displayed...it has their view of us on a whole based on ignorant remarks such as both of her posts displayed.

This discussion with Fljotsdale was meant to come to an understanding between all of us as to the difference between "jingoism" vs "patriotism".

Believe me, the mods here will stand up for Fljotsdale in that regard, she deserves that much respect regardless of how little I felt she showed Americans in what got the whole second page of this thread going.

Quote:
I won't say anything about Britian because I've never been there.
tsk tsk, KHaN, even you agreed with me that Britain's past is not one that uplifts their fellow man.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 09-15-2001).]

Old 09-15-2001, 02:50 AM   #53
KHaN
Drow Warrior

Quote:
tsk tsk, KHaN, even you agreed with me that Britain's past is not one that uplifts their fellow man.
True, I should have typed that I won't say anything about England in this thread. That was my point. I'm tired of all this us vs them stuff that people seem to have an endless supply of.

------------------

Old 09-15-2001, 02:54 AM   #54
Moni

Quote:
True, I should have typed that I won't say anything about England in this thread. That was my point. I'm tired of all this us vs them stuff that people seem to have an endless supply of.

Good call...I am sorry I called you on that one.
You are a good guy KHaN!
I am so lucky to have you in my life.

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Old 09-15-2001, 02:57 AM   #55
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Liliara:
JINGOISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will NOT hide my patriotism just because someone thinks it's 'sickening'.

As a matter of fact, it makes me want to display it more! I think that as much as other countries can understand being proud of their country, they just don't understand Americans. Patriotism is mistaken for arrogance, our show of standing together, and being proud to be a nation, to the point of not caring what anyone else thinks, is jingoism. All I can say is TOUGH!!!!!! Deal with it. We are who we are, just as you are who you are. I don't see Americans here getting down on other countries for their pompous attitudes, or indifference to their counties for that matter. Let us be AMERICANS! After all, we are!!!!!

Oh and let me put this disclaimer in 'I DON'T SPEAK FOR ALL AMERICANS!!' Just thought I'd beat anyone else to it

Well, I don't really see anything as a direct attack at anyone here. To me, it's just an unbridled statement of patriotism. And I would stand behind these words as well. ESPECIALLY since I had served in the military. It's one of the reasons that our nation is so strong because we live by our beliefs. We stand up for each other as well as for our nation. America may not have fought a lot of enemies on our soil, but that doesn't mean that we weren't out there helping others fight their wars either. I think that we have all elevated to something that could be really great. I think the rest of the world sees it too. Why should all of this be about America, rather than about humanity. Don't you see? In order for this world to survive, we have to bridge the gaps of indifference. We have to bridge across the towers of Babel and extend a hand of friendship. In Unity lies strength. Let us accept each other and become one nation. Let that nation be called mankind.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 09-15-2001, 03:03 AM   #56
KHaN
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Good call...I am sorry I called you on that one.
You are a good guy KHaN!
I am so lucky to have you in my life.
As am I to have you in my life

Gives a *BIG HUG* to Moni.

------------------

Old 09-15-2001, 03:04 AM   #57
Moni

Tobbin,
Read the whole thread and tell me this will not hurt Fljotsdale, esp when it is being asked that she show America a little more respect...Liliara's posts are uncalled for if you understand what that word means to her!

------------------

Old 09-15-2001, 03:07 AM   #58
Moni

Quote:
As am I to have you in my life

Gives a *BIG HUG* to Moni.

I'll take that *BIG HUG* and raise you a uh, *BIGGER HUG*!

I really need to get some sleep...looks like Liliara bailed on the board.
Sad.
I just don't get people.
I really don't!

------------------

Old 09-15-2001, 03:09 AM   #59
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Moni, I would like to say, "people in other nations don't hate us" BUT for someone to steal multipule civilian planes full of innocent Americans and commit suicide and at the same time kill 1000's more Americans with those planes...

Remember, not only Americans.....

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet, High Queen of Fluffies, Archbabe of the OHF, LH and HADB

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 09-15-2001, 03:10 AM   #60
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

ahem, we are all people