Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2004, 01:30 PM   #1
killerTeddy
Dungeon Master

Hi,

i wanted to try a small party this time. Before i just had bigger parties. I took 3 members, so everyone can fit into the center. I took Elf-Mook, Rawulf-Lord and Faerie-Ninja. Everyone quite balanced, good at fighting and they just started learning some magic. They all fit in the formation-center, thats just wonderfull - no more moving and turning around after nearly each monster killed. But it just don't work, killing Gregor took 10 tries, and since then i'm running from most fights (metallic slimes in the monastery, for examples, they nearly killed Burz too).
What am i doing wrong? I don't like this training-stuff (except maybe training knock-knock, it rises earth magic quite fast). Did i develop the characters wrong (have 4 attributes for each that i rise at each level up)?

Maybe i should start anew, anyone suggestions for a small party (of 2, 3 or 4)?

Thanks, Teddy
killerTeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 02:07 PM   #2
booklord
Dungeon Master

The only thing I can real comment on is that all of your characters seem to "development types". Some characters start out weak but get stronger when their skills develop.

The Lord starts as a fighter without the beserk damage and close combat bonus. The faerie ninja is really developed around a single weapon and until you get that weapon will have problems. Finally monk's martial arts starts out weak but gets much stronger as the skill improves. ( Particularly since you've chosen a low str race )
booklord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 03:51 PM   #3
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

You may have to do a lot of running untill you get to Arnika. After that you can pick up some nice weapons and things get a little easier. Nunchucs' for the ninja will help and keep building senses and dex. The only thing is you have no one to cast missle shield or ench. blade both help a great deal especially at full strength. I might trade the lord for a sam. The monk can cast healing spells as well as the ninja and the Sam gives you access to the Mage spell book. If you wanted a fourth member try a bard or gadgeteer. You can also change the difficulty if you find a battle just can't be won then switch back. The 3 will be powerfull by mid game give the lord duel diamond eyes and watch him go to town.
Old 07-12-2004, 06:18 PM   #4
booklord
Dungeon Master

He'd gain Enchanted Blade and Missile Shield with a Samurai but he'd lose Magic Screen and Armorplate by dropping the Lord. ( Some people get by with scrolls but I just don't think those are as effective, besides its expensive! )
booklord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 11:22 PM   #5
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

I'd leave them as they are, but the one training thing you almost have to do with smaller paries is Stealth. Even if you don't change the Lord to Rogue for a level, at least let your Monk and Ninja train it up. They should be able to do it unsupervised once they're around AC 8 or so if you do this with Seekers in the Monastery. And if you leave the Lord a Lord, the HP regen should cover end-of-range damage from them, esp if you're well armored and have a shield. You get 1 AC per 10 Stealth, but if you don't do the Lord, too, they'll be getting hit a lot less anyway, as the Lord will become an attack magnet.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 01:26 AM   #6
Dedzy
The Magister

I am unfamiliar with your Elf-Mook build. It sounds like you are spreading your attributes too thin, you max them all out only if you drag the game out until you are level 35 or so. Better to focus on 2 at first, max them, then finish the game while you are working on the next 2.
Old 07-13-2004, 03:50 AM   #7
Target
Red Dragon

Sorry a bit off topic...

Quote:
Originally posted by Nightwing:
by mid game give the lord duel diamond eyes and watch him go to town.
Where do you get the second diamond eyes? I know where 1 is.

Cheers

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 06:12 AM   #8
Dedzy
The Magister

Spoiler
You can always get one in the Mountain wilderness in the tomb with the knight.

The second one you can get from killing Shaman Das in Trynton. He only carries it about 20% of the time or so.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:51 AM   #9
Target
Red Dragon

OH right, killing the Shameman, that doesn't make the trinny go red does it? and do you need him again after you've go the key from him?

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 07:58 AM   #10
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

I've killed the Shamen twice after I got the key by standing next to him and starting combat. The two gaurds actually helped me and the Shamans' first move was to heal one of my characters. The Trynie stayed friendly both times.