Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2002, 06:41 AM   #1
Nixlplix
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I noticed something odd when I re-added RFS to my party after booting him out long enough from my two Bishops to reach level 11. I'd been struggling to keep everyone's carrying load in the white so as not to hinder them. It's just crazy how much arrows weigh! Anyway, I figured I could have him carry around some of the ammo since all his weight was free. What I noticed, instead, was that when I gave him 100 bullet stones from party inventory, everyone else's load went UP, not DOWN. [img]graemlins/confused3.gif[/img]

What I figured out was that unless I gave them to a character that they weighed down (turned blue), everyone else's load went UP. In other words, I give the bundle to my Ranger, and his capacity turns blue, but everyone else is fine. I give them to my Fighter who is big and buff as fighters should be, so he stays in the white, and everyone else's load goes UP.

HUH??? That's like the complete opposite of what I'd expect. Why I didn't notice this sooner is beyond me.

What am I failing to understand here? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]

Nixlplix
Nixlplix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 10:59 AM   #2
GenXCub
Drow Warrior

The question is, did the other characters go up by the same amount of weight?

Each character carries whatever items they have and a portion of the parties items. The stronger characters take a bigger ratio of the party inventory.

When you give your strong character more to carry in his personal section, he/she will stop carrying the same amount of party inventory... redistributing the weight to all the other characters.

So, if you saw everyone's weight go up by 10 when you added 100 to your fighter (just an example), this would be about right. No bug.