Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2001, 03:53 PM   #1
skywalker
Banned User

So what was/is your favorite and least favorite dungeon in W&W?

I think my favorite is a toss up, between Shurugeon Castle and the Boogre Prison. The castle had neat puzzles and the prison had boogres, what more could you ask for!

My least favorite was also a toss up, between the Stout Mines and Dragon Spire. Both featured too much going up and down between levels, which made them both quite confusing!

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2001, 04:10 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Bad dungeon(s) STOUT MINES - too much back and forth and back again - yuk!!!

Good Dungeon(s) Colliseum - I totally love swimming there!! Skull Castle - had to do a lot of running around there but it was a lot more interesting than the Stout Mines (and less confusing). Anephas' Tomb & Cet's Tomb - both interesting places.

This is a lot harder to answer than it appears!! Good thread, Mark!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2001, 06:13 PM   #3
Davros
Takhisis Follower

I am really only posting to see what my star rating is LOL :cool - worst dungeon was stout mines (Ugh, Map) - best was Skull Castle (WOOHOO - double experience for most members too).

------------------
Regards
Davros
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2001, 05:11 AM   #4
Elliecat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am only part way through the game but my main gripe would be that some of the dungeons etc are sooo dark! By the time I realised I should have put a Whiskah (I believe they can see in the dark) in my team I couldn't face starting again. I have turned the graphics up as recommended and that made a difference and now I have illuminate spell that will probably help too. I have just started skull castle so on to battle .......
Elliecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2001, 05:52 PM   #5
DrDave
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Least favourite - Stout Mines. Repetitive, boring, unchallenging, charmless NPCs, led to me killing somebody I needed for later assassin quest, all saves became corrupted and I had to redo the whole thing. A nightmare!

Favorite - only half way so far but Boogre Prison was quite good, not too easy (mainly due to plant life) and has something resembling a story line although I think Grunaxe and co should have been released properly.
DrDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2001, 09:17 PM   #6
gregger
Dungeon Master

I'm not done yet so I haven't got to many.
Favorite: All of them stink!
Least: Crypt because I had no idea what to do in first one. (I got lost a lot also.)

jsmile:

------------------
Apprentice2All
gregger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2001, 09:55 PM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Favorite dungeon: Skull Castle (at least I had the most fun in that one)

Runner-up: Anephas' Shrine. Drawing the light to the altar was a cool puzzle!

Least favorite dungeon: The Crypt (those firepit puzzles were ridiculous for beginners. Really, guys! And if I had to fight one more crypt bat....)

Runner-up for least favorite dungeon: Shurugeon Castle. Hands-down, the ugliest dungeon I've ever seen in over 10 years of GUI-based gaming. What in the h&*# were the designers thinking? Yecch!

Ok, my 10 ducats...

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 10:35 PM   #8
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I agree that the stout mines and crypts are the PITA!

My favorites so far: Shurugeon Castle and the Boorge Prison

I'm trying desperately to boost my hit points up and my killing ability!
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2001, 11:36 PM   #9
Moni

My favorites were The Boogre Prison (just plain fun!) and being startled by the falling columns in Collasium, not once but TWICE! Looking forward to seeing if they can make me jump a third time LOL!

I don't have any nominees for worst since once I figured out what the heck I was doing (and got more memory) I enjoyed the game thoroughly!

; )
Moni
Old 03-06-2001, 09:10 AM   #10
UncleJoe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm not finished yet, either, but so far the Stout Mines were my least favorite and the Shrine of Anephas the most. Lots of good monsters in the Shrine, including the red dragon.
UncleJoe is offline   Reply With Quote