Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2001, 12:01 AM   #1
Mammawlin

Good morning Skylane, I'd be careful about going to far into the crypt until your characters go up a few levels. It gets pretty rough in there, especially once you go down the broken stairs or go into the area where the statue is (once you get it opened). Go back and forth to town for training and kill a few things on the way. This will better insure your success in the crypt. There are places you can go in there that are very difficult to get out of for a long, long time. So take you time and have fun. God speed to you and your party.

p.s. There is no real "main" character and Davros is right about the trolls, I never knew one that didn't attack me. LOL
Old 02-19-2001, 07:41 AM   #2
skylane

Hello everybody,

I have a few beginners questions, here I go: Is there a "main" character in your party(I started with 6)like in BG2,or is like Might&Magic7-8,that every character is pretty on it's own? Since I'm only in the very beginning of the game(after my hardware troubles!),I'm now at the Graveyard and managed to open the Crypt, but should I do anything else first, should I search the forest a bit more or can I go in right now? And why do the Trolls keep attacking me without me being aggressive to them? I saw in the manual that Trolls are supposed to be friendly?
Old 02-19-2001, 08:56 AM   #3
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hi Skylane,

Character development is pretty much up to you to decide. It's similar to MM7 and 8 in that they are each their own entities, but in this case you have role changes you can put them through. If you do a search for recommended character development you should get many of ideas.

The crypt is the right thing to be doing right now. LOL, where does it ever say troll are friendly - I must have missed that - if you find one who doesn't want to kill you it is a rarity indeed, so take a photo of it and tells us all. Good luck
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2001, 03:50 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Greetings skylane!

Take the manual with a BIG grain of salt! It is only slightly better then the Strategy Guide (otherwise known as the Tome of Many Errors).

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2001, 04:26 PM   #5
Dwarf

There's a strategy guide? Seriously? If there is (and I believe that there just might be since it get's mentioned here quite a lot) then it's not available over here in Britain. Thankfuly I am spared such luxuries and have to make do with my wits, Xignal76's site (I've only looked at it two or three times, once when I heard of it, and a few more in really hard times) and my natural- intuitive- sense of direction. I generally despise such things, only referring to them when I'm about 3/4rs of the way through a game and want to see if there's anything interesting that I missed.
Old 02-19-2001, 05:01 PM   #6
Doriatha

Believe me Balgin, the strategy guide is of little to no use. It mostly just reiterates the manual that came with the game. My husband bought it for me because I was so frustrated with this game's mapping system. Thought the strategy guide would have more useful maps of the dungeons. But lo' and behold -- it was the exact same maps/mapping that messed with my mind in the game! Oh well! It hasn't stopped me from playing this great game.
Old 02-20-2001, 09:49 AM   #7
skylane

Believe me,guys, it's in the manual,page4(quickstart),it says"potentially friendly creatures such as Trolls". I must say, I wondered about that myself(those damned Trolls in BG2 were pretty tough with their ability to regenerate!)and yes I don't think the manual is much of a help....I decided to stroll around a bit more before I enter that Crypt, so I can get a bit more experience and get the feel of combat, I haven't done much fighting until now, just the Skeletons in the Graveyard, those"friendly"trolls and a few robbers in the forest, so I'm pretty "green" in combat I guess. See ye later and happy questing to all!