Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2005, 02:15 PM   #1
AngelofDeath
Drizzt Do'Urden

Any Ideas, I need help.
I am to the point that I need a mind Flayer to respawn(I went to the walkthrough, and this is supposed to happen). A mind Flyer is suppossed to respawn, so he can open a door for me, however no matter what I do I can not get him to respawn, I walk around, go talk to the captured guys, sleep, sleep, more sleep...HELP PLEASE!!!

You Can Not Hide
AngelofDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 02:32 PM   #2
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Hmm...well I've never seen a respawning mindflayer - your walkthrough might be off...

Spoilers
#
#
#
#
To open the door you can either 1) Capture a mind flayer (not ulitharid) with a mind flayer control circuit and get him to do it

2) Use another, more innate, method at charname's disposal.
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 03:22 PM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Mind Flayers do respawn (one every couple of minutes) in the room where you found those big vats of Illithid Serum. But there's a finite supply of them, 7 or so, so if you took advantage of the respawn and have killed them all for the EXP, you're out of luck as far as that's concerned.

But all is not lost. "It must require godly strength or intelligence to open this door." (Don't bother using spells or items to raise your Strength to 25--that won't work. Stupid, I know. But the quote does contain a hint at the other way to open that door.)
Old 02-09-2005, 03:42 PM   #4
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

Of course that sort of has a negative affect. But not much that a church can't help with
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 04:26 PM   #5
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

Unless your a paladin.