Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2002, 05:38 PM   #31
Moni

LMAO!
Moni crowns Horatio champion!
*bonk*
[img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 07-24-2002, 06:11 PM   #32
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

heheh...
I'll never let you forget this... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-24-2002, 07:36 PM   #33
Moni

heh heh heh Whatever made you think I would ever think you ever would?

Old 07-24-2002, 10:04 PM   #34
Moni

Hey, is this cool or what? I've got a family friend (younger than me but played guitar with my brother and my dad ) in YM right now and he tells me he wrote a song in tribute to my dad called "El Gaucho" (my dad would get a kick out of the title lol)....anyway he is hooking me up with either the file or a link I can put on my site...I hope it sounds cool! I am definitely going for an instrumental piece that will actually play on the site but still, a link to his song will bring him closer to heart if you know what I mean...he is so much like a member of our family...I know my dad would like it too.

[ 07-25-2002, 12:34 AM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 07-25-2002, 04:45 AM   #35
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

Hi Moni, I gather much has happened since I last had the time to read the board(and the working comp)
I think the site is a noble and fitting thing to do, from what you have said about your father, he sounds like the quintessential rennaissance man, a position that I ever aspire to... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Amanda and I are attending the family reunion/wedding this week in nd, she is finally realizing just how big her family is on her dad's side when i drew the family tree starting with 46 aunts and uncles...*whew*....it is important to live each day and treat each person as if it may be the last time...we are all only human, and good and bad days are guaranteed as the sunrise and set...yet we may, by consistent contact and care, make sure that those important to us know it so that even if the last words we had that day are harsh....because they will know that even if we are not able to take those words back in person ever again, we would have if we had been able to come back.

from the way you speak of your father, I know that is the kind of relationship you had with him...he knew how you felt, now is the difficult task of passing that on to the next generation.

I hope things are going well, and also to return b4 the end of the summer, but if not,take care, and remember to treat yourself as well as others - you deserve it! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Amanda, Kyleia, and Kathleen\'s Dad-Best Damn Job, Period.

Official procrastinator of the O.L.D. C.O.O.T.S. Clan
unOfficial Homeopathic Quacktitioner of the IW Realm
Old 07-25-2002, 06:35 AM   #36
Moni

Hi J.J.!
I am so sorry I missed you this morning! Now that your computer is working again, I hope we get to see you around here more often!

So much has happpened for me in just the last few days! I found my grandfather and grandmother's name in a database at ancestry.com and through my dad's side of the family, I now have more relatives than I could even begin to count! Good people too LOL! It is all so alien to me to come across so many good people and to know that they are family at the same time! I am loving it!

I am so glad that you like the site I put up for my dad! I just now got back from updating it with a beautiful Bluegrass number and links to the people who provided me with the music...talk about good people...I am not even related to them and they reached out across the country to offer themselves bent over backward if I needed any help! I am giddy with joy right now LOL...not to mention that I still haven't gone to bed, but I know the giddiness is total joy at what true love there really is out there in the world.

I hope you have a blast at your family reunion! The last one I attended was well over 30 years ago and it was mostly my mother's family. It is not very likely though that I will attend any reunions with my father's extended family since they are almost all on the east coast...it will be a few years before I am able to go to one at least.

You know, you could not speak truer words about caring for one another! I do have some more direct relatives that I maintain constant good relations with in spite of the distances in land that keep us separated. Not only is it a comfort to me to know they are there, but I know it works both ways and that they love to hear me tell them that I love them. We always look forward to our telephone reunions.
As far as my mother is concerned (in case you wondered after reading this thread lol) she just refuses to allow me to have any kind of good relationship with her and is hell bent on destroying the good relationships I have with other family members...that way she never has to look at me or hear my name spoken. There are a few that haven't follow her lead and it is a mystery to us how she can lead people around by the nose and make them be downright cruel just because she wants them to be. *shudders*
She knows I love her in spite of herself though lol...sometimes I think that is what gets to her the most (no, I know what gets to her the most is that I look like my dad). [img]smile.gif[/img]

Everything really is going great on my end and I hope so on yours as well!
It was really nice to see you here J.J. and I hope you come back soon!
Don't stay gone so long if you can help it!
[img]graemlins/ladyhearts.gif[/img]

Old 07-25-2002, 07:10 AM   #37
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Very touching [img]smile.gif[/img]
I didn`t think even the most sweet, caring, human beings were capable of making such a sweet memorium as this, much less making it 2 years after the fact. Thank you for opening my eyes, Moni [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-25-2002, 07:36 AM   #38
Moni

LennonCook,
Thank You!
[img]graemlins/ladyhearts.gif[/img]