Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2003, 11:20 AM   #1
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

I have to say after buying this DVD last night I was again blown away by this movie. It was a long wait but definitely worth it. I heard they are rereleasing the first two in theaters before ROTK comes out. I hope that is true. Even though I have the DVDs there is just something about the big screen that can't be beat.
Also had to pick up the Simpsons 3rd season on DVD yesterday. I didn't get a chance to watch it yet, but I imagine its awesome.
Old 08-27-2003, 02:43 PM   #2
Stratos
Vampire

I saw it on DVD yesterday. Great movie. Are you saying that they gonna re-release them in the theatres? I never saw TTT on the big screen. I might catch it this time around.
Old 08-27-2003, 03:25 PM   #3
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Prior to RotK, in December both prior movies will be re-released. This is an advertising/marketing effort, and will not see a lot of its own advertisement (as it is not expected to turn a profit in and of itself). The culmination will be the showing, in select theatres, of both prior movies (EXTENDED VERSIONS!!!) and RotK on the premiere date. Shows are scheduled beginning a bit after noon and running until the wee hours of the following night/morning.

Yes, the DVD is good. I saw it in June, when I got mine. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] How are the extras? My copy contained ONLY the movie. I'll wait for the special extended edition.
Old 08-27-2003, 04:05 PM   #4
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
I'm just going to wait for the collector's edition boxed set to come out. You know they'll have one. Every great movie trilogy has one.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 08-27-2003, 05:18 PM   #5
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Last year I bought both the original LotR DVD and later the collector's edition extended version, but this year, I'm waiting for the extended version.

My uncle got a copy of TTT for his birthday today though, so we'll be watching the first two parts of the trilogy this weekend in an extended viewing session. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 08-27-2003, 05:28 PM   #6
Lord Lothar
Quintesson

What extras does the DVD have? Also, maybe this should have been posted in the movies discussion forum as it needs more traffic...
Old 08-27-2003, 06:14 PM   #7
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

yeah the poor movies/tv shows/music/book forum I myself am one that does like to wait and buy the entire set, but I don't think I could wait another year to have TTT on DVD. I figure I'll buy it now and sell it used when I buy the entire extended version boxed set of the 3 movies
Old 08-28-2003, 04:24 PM   #8
GForce

Just bought this DVD yesterday and watched the movie for the very first time. My fav character has always been Eowyn even in the books. Wow! she was cast perefectly. Gee, now I wished I had seen it on the big screen or its now an excuse for me to save for a bigger wide screen TV. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 08-28-2003, 04:25 PM   #9
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Prior to RotK, in December both prior movies will be re-released. This is an advertising/marketing effort, and will not see a lot of its own advertisement (as it is not expected to turn a profit in and of itself). The culmination will be the showing, in select theatres, of both prior movies (EXTENDED VERSIONS!!!) and RotK on the premiere date. Shows are scheduled beginning a bit after noon and running until the wee hours of the following night/morning.
Sweet! I know how I'm spending my 40th birthday, lol. It's going to be a hellveva long day [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]
Old 08-28-2003, 04:30 PM   #10
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by GForce:
Just bought this DVD yesterday and watched the movie for the very first time. My fav character has always been Eowyn even in the books. Wow! she was cast perefectly.
One of my first extended flings when I went to college was with a pretty young lass named Eowyn. How cool was that? Not blonde though. Oh, well, I guess I've never been a gentelman because I've never preferred blondes.