Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2003, 11:11 AM   #11
Masklinn

Quote:
I was not stating mere opinion, but a demonstrable fact.
How can you demonstrate a non-fact (press not covering current administration's mistakes) ?
Old 03-13-2003, 11:12 AM   #12
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
ugh... if it isnt something with Bush's pollicies it's Clinton's...

That's it... I'm Votin' for Nader... who'se with me? Worst he can do is legalize hemp...
Actually I don't know if it was so much Clinton as Janet Reno. (in this case)

Edit: could we get back on topic now? I was hopin for more comment on the article and less on wich way the press leans. In this case the Press did in fact cover this up and the man went to jail.....very bad stuff.

[ 03-13-2003, 11:14 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 03-13-2003, 11:17 AM   #13
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Masklinn:
Quote:
I was not stating mere opinion, but a demonstrable fact.
How can you demonstrate a non-fact (press not covering current administration's mistakes) ?[/QUOTE]Hi Masklinn - I was about to say much the same thing, but even with direct mathematical relationships and cold logic there is no convincing "the convinced". Time to look for another thread methinks. Catch you around.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:25 AM   #14
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
You would be dead on if you didn't foget the minor detail...the mainstream press is not making any attempt to cover for this administration as it apparently was for the last....I am wondering how many other similar stories were covered up? I don't think this administration can fart without it making the headlines.
You *must* be joking. ROFL. Bush is the Republican President who reaps the benefits of a very smart and cagey 10-yr plan by the party to gain the favor of the media. It's a PR blitz that just got rolling about the time Clinton was impeached and has gone full-steam since. Everyone knows this.

So, in short, the mainstream press isn't *looking* for anything other than what Bush tells them so there's nothing to cover up. It's hard for the media to attack him when it spends so much time investigating his buttocks with its lips.

Note: I am not attacking the President with this statement - only the media.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:34 AM   #15
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
You *must* be joking. ROFL. Bush is the Republican President who reaps the benefits of a very smart and cagey 10-yr plan by the party to gain the favor of the media. It's a PR blitz that just got rolling about the time Clinton was impeached and has gone full-steam since. Everyone knows this.

So, in short, the mainstream press isn't *looking* for anything other than what Bush tells them so there's nothing to cover up. It's hard for the media to attack him when it spends so much time investigating his buttocks with its lips.

Note: I am not attacking the President with this statement - only the media.
[img]graemlins/offtopic.gif[/img] I of course am not joking TL, it is way too easy to do a lexus-nexus serach and count the number of anti-admiistration articles and stories, now vs clintons years.....Bush comes out waaaaaay down. Unless you count Fox and talk radio then the numbers shift considerably. But it is no secret that the mainstream media has a left leanign bias. There have been a few books about the issues...but I am only really concerned with the "news media" and I maybe should have stated that too.

I think your statement that the media doesnt look for anything bush doesnt tell them to is nonsense.....but you are allowed your opinion. [img]smile.gif[/img] I was waiting for you to show up....now back on topic...the article? your thoughts? Please?

[ 03-13-2003, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 03-13-2003, 11:43 AM   #16
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Quote:
You would be dead on if you didn't foget the minor detail...the mainstream press is not making any attempt to cover for this administration as it apparently was for the last....I am wondering how many other similar stories were covered up? I don't think this administration can fart without it making the headlines.
Just a brief point. I think it was Pratchett who said something along the lines of:

"Considering governments track records with everything else its suprising how well they can cover up the most outrageous of facts..."

I think it was in one of the Johnny Maxwell books, does anyone know the exact quote? This is off topic, but I'm curious...
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 03-13-2003, 11:58 AM   #17
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
I was waiting for you to show up....now back on topic...the article? your thoughts? Please?
Haven't had time to investigate it or even read it except skim it. Seems scary. However, I once had a list of all the friends Clinton knew who accidently died in plane crashes or by suicide. If he can convince McDougal to sit in prison rather than come clean on White Water, nothing surprises me. He's still my favorite president since I've been alive. Of course, I like Tony Soprano too.
Old 03-13-2003, 12:03 PM   #18
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

It's very scary to think something like this could happen here in America. The point being that the reporter and his wife had personal and professional lives RUINED at the express direction of our own government.

This should be followed through and those responsible for this atrocity should found themselves on the other side of the court's gavel for their efforts.
Old 03-13-2003, 12:23 PM   #19
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
[img]graemlins/offtopic.gif[/img] I of course am not joking TL, it is way too easy to do a lexus-nexus serach and count the number of anti-admiistration articles and stories, now vs clintons years[/QB]
Magik, you mis-spoke. You of course meant a search on WestLaw, didn't you?
I hate my job, but while I'm here, gotta make sure they get $ so I can get my paycheck, hehe
Old 03-13-2003, 12:29 PM   #20
Rokenn
Galvatron

Post moved to own thread.

[ 03-13-2003, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: Rokenn ]