Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2001, 08:42 AM   #51
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Memnoch, Armisael: This Storm-Queen would gladly bestow knighthood upon you for such heroic deeds, but knowing how you feel about such things as knights and Paladins (wait don't run screaming from the room yet!), perhaps She shall simply grant you each the titles "Defender of the Board" and "Champion of the Cause"!

Memnoch: Go ahead and explain to this un-enlightened one-re that symbol. And changing isp or no, I think most trolls and troll-wannabes are in it for the attention so getting dumped and having to get back in takes some of the fun out of it for them.

Armisael: Did you really threaten to talk to his parents?! (ok, I don't know how draw a smiley for a huge grin, but there's one on my face as I type!)

In one newsgroup I used to hang out in, a flamer started some nasty name calling and really upset a few of us. One member of the group was a lawyer and she tracked the guy down and had him fired for doing all his flaming and trolling and other obscene little tricks while using his work computer at a noted university. tsk tsk

I wonder if I should admit to engaging in a duel of wits with flamers now and then? Sometimes you just have to sharpen your skills, unfortunately, most trolls are poorly equipped for the battle!

So Zoratorak, it would seem I have missed an epic battle of sorts! Sigh...I should have liked to witness that, I think!
Old 02-02-2001, 09:59 AM   #52
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Cloudbringer, the Simbul is Alassra Shentrantra, the Storm Queen of Aglarond in the Forgotten Realms. She's one of the Seven Chosen Sisters (Mystra's Chosen). She's also called the Storm-Queen!

That was a grand battle, that was! And you didn't miss out on much Cloud, just a whole lot of ranting and swearing
Old 02-02-2001, 10:12 AM   #53
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Memnoch: Thanks for the info. I guess I'll have to admit it sooner or later, but I have done woefully little reading in the Forgotten Realms. Precious little reading at all lately. Of course BGII isn't helping! I sometimes "read" the books we find in various places in the game and realize they relate to a much larger mythos. One of these days I'll start reading up on things again. Anyone want to create the 5 day weekend for me?!
Old 02-02-2001, 10:12 AM   #54
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Memnoch: Thanks for the info. I guess I'll have to admit it sooner or later, but I have done woefully little reading in the Forgotten Realms. Precious little reading at all lately. Of course BGII isn't helping! I sometimes "read" the books we find in various places in the game and realize they relate to a much larger mythos. One of these days I'll start reading up on things again. Anyone want to create the 5 day weekend for me?!
Old 02-02-2001, 10:17 AM   #55
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Apologies for the double post. I didn't mean to do that!
Old 02-02-2001, 10:29 AM   #56
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Just wanted to post a long overdue "THANKS" to Charlie!
I am actually planning a trip to London in late March early April (before the big tourist season hits). That should allow me to look around at living and working arrangements. Thank you again for all of your help!
Old 02-02-2001, 01:39 PM   #57
Moiraine
Anubis

Cloudbringer,
we have in French an expression "la semaine des quatre jeudis" ("the week of four thursdays"),
which alas means "never" ...
Old 02-02-2001, 01:45 PM   #58
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

LOL! Well, Moiraine, I guess I won't get much reading done for a while, then! Personally, I'd much prefer a week of four Saturdays !
Old 02-02-2001, 06:31 PM   #59
Armisael

Actually, I think the phrase I used was 'rip your head off and spit down your throat'.

Old 02-02-2001, 08:18 PM   #60
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Armisael: Ouch! Flamer left then, I presume?