Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2001, 08:47 PM   #1
Caliton

Hey everyone..I was just wondering what your favorite (single player) moment in Baldurs Gate two was? because I'm sure that there are some great stories : )

My favorite Moment is when I was walking through the Kua-To base in the Underdark. My Group and I turned a corner into a tunnel, only to be confronted by a squad of 7 or so Kua-To on sentry. Three warriors quickly engaged us in melee combat, while two archers hung back and fired (ill-shot) bolts at us, and a shamam worked his magics.

But, suddenly, as we were engaged with the warriors, a single Kua-To archer turned the corner on the opposite side of the tunnel, the side we just came into.

Our Mage cast a volley of magic missles at him, badly injuring him. Just as we were finishing off the last warrior, an entire squad came through the tunnel on the opposite side, effectivly closing us in. This on was a shaman, three archers, and four warriors.
It was a hard-fought battle, but, to the sounds of steel on steel and flesh, and the muted booms of fireballs, and the high-pitched whistling of arrows and bolts, the battle eventually turned our way, and, bruised and broken from the battle, we escaped the stronghold of Kua-To.

But with a few exceptions, that was one of my most epic battles in the game. i would love to hear your stories..if any

Old 01-18-2001, 09:21 PM   #2
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

SPOILER about Kangaxx!!
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
After about 10 reloads I found out that Kangaxx only could be hit by mace of disruption and sling +5. These were the only good weapons I had then. Then I gave the mace to my thief.
The first Kangaxx was easily defeated with some traps and a backstab, and when the second Kangaxx came I switched to mace of disruption and all of a sudden the battle was over. All it took was a hit with the mace for Kangaxx to die. It was quite nice to see that my thief was able to kill Kangaxx all by himself (with a great deal of help from mace of disruption of course)
Old 01-18-2001, 11:25 PM   #3
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

hmm... i never really had a favorite bg2 moment except....

a little spoiler ahead... errr... maybe a major spoiler... this is during the last battle with Irenicous (i made it into like a story so you might as well enjoy! sorry for the mispells or grammar)

the time has finally arrived... i look back to my friends, comrades and loyol warriors, all waiting in grim anticipation of what is to come... i see Aerie, looking a little nervous of, her arms wrapped around her as if chilled. Minsc and Jehera took up thier fighting stance... my two other comrades (my char in bg2 multiplayer) looked ahead with determination. with all thier weapons ready, thier spells ready to be cast, i look ahead, my heart beating so wildly that i was afraid i would pass out before it would even begin. The door ahead looks haunting and terrifing... a dark sense of dread fills my soul... yet the battle will never be over until i face him... i would never be truly be free until i defeat him... the time has come... the final battle with Irenicous has begun...

i bring up my hand to show the tears of Bhall, suddenly the door brightens and one by one the tears dissolve ... yet as they dissolve i feel myself changing. getting stronger, wiser, everything is different yet the same... before i could come into my senses... a voice erupts out in the midst of this terrible place, a wail that shatters the silence of this eerie place call HELL... smoke and ashes came tumbling down the door... and the door slowly opens... and a bright light slowly fills my vision...

as the light slowly dissipates from my eyes... i look around and finally see the face of my enemy that has haunted me day by day, night after night... the name i have grown to know and hate... IRENICOUS!!... suddenly before i have started to say anything... he spoke "blah blah blah blah" (hey i forgot what he said) ... and before i could even respond... Aeries voice rang out "blah blah blah" as well as Jahera "blah blah blah" and finally Minsc "blah blah..." but the final words of Minsc will never be forgotten in my heart and mind "EVIL MEET SWORD... SWORD MEET EVIL!!!!" and with this... all of us charged... with Minsc ahead swinging wildly with his twohanded sword... Jahera ready to charge with her spear of impaling... i look at my back and i see Aerie as well as my companion chanting thier spells of destruction. My thief brought out her sword and shield and readied herself, protecting my two spellcasters... i look back ahead and to my horror... my throat ran dry, i heard Aerie gasp with fright, even the brave Minsc slowed his charge... because what i see was truly a demon before me... Irenicous was changing before my eyes... his teeth became sharper, his arms became longer, his whole body writhing is transformatoin, his face changing into a being i have feared to be... a SLAYER!!... laughter rang into my ears and Irenicous brought up his hand... and suddenly we were flanked with pitfiends and gated demons... this is surely hell...

with Minc distracting two of the demons with his berseker rage..., Jahera with the other and my thief with the last... as started preparing to casted my most powerful spell against these evil demons... I saw my comrade summoning some skeleton warriors to help out my warriors... and i hear Aerie casting one of the most powerful spells in clerical magic... thunderbolt... or was it something else... as i raised my hands ready to chant out my spell, i saw my thief take a slash from one of the pitfiends knocking her out and severly injuring her... i saw Jahera take a full blow from the gated demon knocking her out unconcious... this alone nearly broke my concentration but i must never fail... ahead... Irenicous was laughing at my situation... laughing because he knows he is going to win... protected himself with his magical barriers... with resolve and determination... i let lose one of the most powerful spells in the world of magic... ABI DAZLIM HORROR WRITING!!...

as i opened my eyes to see what happened... the result was incredible... with so much force and magical energies i have placed into that spell, 3 out of the four hellish demons was killed and the last one heavily injured... thief corpses writhing is smoke and decay... out of the corner of my eye... Aerie launched her spell completly destroying the last demon... Jahera was down uncouncious and my thief heavily injured even though she has taken a healing potion to heal her wounds... i see Minsc all bloody and dirty yet he is still going... his eyes still in his berseker fury... suddenly a clash and a thud rang out... It was Irenicous!! his hand was holding the remains of one of the skeletons warriors and the other one was already broken in the floor... his face was unmistakable state of fury... his body bellowing out with smoke... obiously i was able to hit him with the spell but his magical shileds was able to protect him from the full force of its blast... his eyes burning with hate.. he charged at me... only meeting up with Minsc with his own berseker fury and his vengence for the death of his witch, Dayneir (i think thats her name)... as the combatent meet face to face... Irenicous suddenly smiled... and bright light blocked my eyes once again...

the next thing i saw as Minsc lying down on the floor writhing in agony by the force of spell... as Aerie went to help Minsc her arms glowing with life... my comrade and I stated to cast out our own spell arsenal... magic missle, flame arrow and melf arrow flew forth staight into Irenicous... weakened already from the first spell, i watched in horror as he still comes toward me, his claws bright with blood and signs of death... i have no choice now... it is truely now or never... must i become a slayer to fight a slayer?? suddenly ... i heard a thud... and i looked at the falling form of Irenicous... at the back of his head was an arrow... i looked ahead... and i nearly forgotten my thief with her archery skill... suddenly it was over...

finsihed... the end.... bye bye...sorry for the aburpt ending but my arms are tired from typing and that is what truly happened anyway .. an arrow embeded into his face...
Old 01-19-2001, 12:03 AM   #4
Armisael

My favourite moment? First time I played through - I finished the de'Arnise Keep quest and headed back to Athkatla, Nalia hounding me about the poor and needy all the while. I stumble into the Copper Coronet and come face to face with this dwarf, who's obviously pissed as a newt. He swears at me, and I'm about to wander away when he pulls me back and asks conspiritorially if I want to get in on a few coppers. I agree, naturally, and he goes into a rant about a buried treasure underneath some crypt. I figure it's the alchohol talking, but he seems interesting enough (and my little group's small enough), so I take him along anyway. No sooner have I taken two steps toward the bar than--
"Nalia, yer overtall, beardless, long-limbed and lack strength. Ye disgust me."
I laughed until I had beer coming out of my nose, booted the hapless noblewoman out of my modest company, and discovered my long lost dwarvern brother.

Old 01-19-2001, 12:49 AM   #5
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

From Kaël's Book -The ways of a Necromancer (Rikard, Kaël's tutor)

And so we came to rest
I slept as always with my two katana's stuck in the ground
within reash if anything would happen
and it did

In the middle of a night i heard a voice, some grauling
i opend my eyes just a bit so the creature wouldn't see me
Terror struck my heart it was a greater werewolf and he was sniffing Landon (aka ranger/cleric)
i was wondering if ?Landon notest but i trusted him he did.
And he indeed did as the werewolf got ready to bite Landon suddenly swang his Crom feayr in the face of the werewolf who was very disillioned
i stoud up ready to attack when I notest the rest got up aswell
Rikard (Necromancer) and Edwin were already casting spell and i knew i had to strike at the right time to don't let that go to waist (werewolf are known for their regenrating abilty)
Rikard stoke his word very quikly and edwin followed soon after
The werewolf was crying and screaming as the body moister was drained from his body (Abi dalzims horrit wilting) and this was the time to attack
i heard Paithan (Skald) sing in the background he always does that and it makes me feel better
I attecked hit him in his right chest and landon hit him on the head
but still the beast stayed alive
we had to act fast rikard already cast a flame arrow piering though th werewolfs body and i got ready to delifer the final blow when suddenly out of nowwhere a black cheature can and stabbed the werewolf in the back
that had to be Onera and i was
the werewolf was dead and we could finaly go to sleep
Old 01-19-2001, 02:21 AM   #6
Multiple

Can't really pinpoint an exact moment...
But the first time I linked up magic missile into a minor spell sequencer, now that was rather amusing.

And, of course, the first time I saw the message 'Your control is slipping', from turning into the Slayer...
Call me sick, but I was CONVINCED this had some sexual connotation. Needless to say, I busted back into natural form right away.

Old 01-19-2001, 03:07 AM   #7
Hoggar
Welcomed New User

Well, I dunno about favourite, but I really loved the excitement first time I killed the Unseeing Eye. I knew from a few past reloads experience that he's awfully quick with those nasty death spells, so I knew I had to work fast. When the big, ugly bulk of eyes swoop round the corner to look at us, my swashbackler swiftly pulls up the Rod, yells something cool like "Eat Magic, Pinkeye!" and blasts the orb, only to find he doesn't die but starts to cast his Death Spell. He's too far away for anyone to reach and noone has a spell fast enough. The group of hardy adventurers look to Mazzy Fentan, bow in hand. She's their last hope. She reaches for her quiver, and grabs... nothing. She's out of ammo. We all know this is the end, the magic around the beholder thickens, when suddenly, from the other side of the cave, Minsc yells "I have one!". Searching through his backpack, he finds out he still has one, single, acid arrow, which he throws through the air towards his little halfling friend. Mazzy catches the arrow in mid-air, notches it on the bow, pulls and fires in one swift motion, hitting the beholder squarely in its largest eye, in the same instant he's about to unleash his gruesome spell. The magic fizzles and dies, and the huge bulk slumps to the floor.
Old 01-20-2001, 07:39 AM   #8
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

hmmmm... only six replies so far??? cmon guys... how bout your experiences...

Hellich Wah?
Memnoch?
Moraine?
Bahamut?
ladyzekke?

errr... who else can i remember...
oh well.. cmon gang... pretty please... it took me 30 minutes to write my story up...
Old 01-20-2001, 09:44 AM   #9
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

My best moment was my first game with a dwarf wizard slayer. I went into the unseeing eye quest and just started hacking up the blind followers. I'm going along thinking this is easy when I walk straight into the unseeing eye there near the pit. My characters magic resistance and two big axes were the only things that saved him. Everyone else just used missile weapons and still nearly died. This was a big achivement killing a beholder I thought. I didn't realise how big until next time I played when characters started falling victim to death spells etc and discovered there was a whole big quest involved with killing him. Another big event was when said dwarf killed the shadowdragon solo.
Old 01-20-2001, 10:00 AM   #10
Moiraine
Anubis

Don't worry, Zoratorak, I'll answer your post, but not now (writing posts with so many lines is not easy at work ...)