Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2003, 10:36 PM   #1
KamadorWizard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey, Is there anyway to convince Lonk The Sane to release the prisoners in chapter 4, I can't seem to convince him, Do i have to kill Lonk The Sane to release the prisoners, thanks
Old 11-27-2003, 11:06 PM   #2
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

Prisoners of what?? Tell me more about the quest my SOA lore is a little off i havent played for years.
Old 11-28-2003, 01:03 AM   #3
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by KamadorWizard:
Hey, Is there anyway to convince Lonk The Sane to release the prisoners in chapter 4, I can't seem to convince him, Do i have to kill Lonk The Sane to release the prisoners, thanks
Yes you have to bribe him enough to make it worth while.

One of your chat options should read "how much would it take to release the prisonors"

don't choose the cheap option. [img]smile.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 01:51 AM   #4
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

If one of your characters has high Charisma (or Intelligence), you can convince Lonk to release the prisoners out of self-preservation.
Old 12-01-2003, 12:48 PM   #5
ryaldin
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Pirengle:
If one of your characters has high Charisma (or Intelligence), you can convince Lonk to release the prisoners out of self-preservation.
Is it Charisma or Intelligence? I have high intelligence, and a charisma of nine. I even cast friends on myself, so i've got fifteen charisma, and he's still not convinced that letting the prisoners go is a good idea. Do you have to have a high wisdom as well?

EDIT: Ahhhhh!!!! Drow Warrior!!!! the curse of the manshoon has been lifted!

[ 12-01-2003, 12:50 PM: Message edited by: ryaldin ]
Old 12-01-2003, 01:43 PM   #6
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

If I had a save game anywhere around Lonk, I would check for you. But sadly, I don't.

If you have the Ring of Human Influence, try wearing it. If you have potions of Insight or Genius, try drinking them. If you've tried talking to Lonk with an evil person, try a good person.
Old 12-01-2003, 02:32 PM   #7
Leslie
Baaz Draconian

It is very important who talks to Lonk. Because when you open the door (or you come to that area down the stairs) he talks to you immediately. So check on your character portaits who is he really talking to ! You can see a small pink sign on the char.
I'm not sure about INT but CHA always worked for me. Just get the char with 18 CHA to talk to Lonk. You have a second or two to move that char close to the door and others away.
Old 12-01-2003, 03:58 PM   #8
Feral
Elminster

(This may technically belong in the ToB forum but I just thought of it while reading this thread. Also, the answer (if there is one) may contain a SPOILER.
OK, here goes: Is he any relation to Lum the Mad?
Old 12-01-2003, 05:49 PM   #9
Klutz
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Leslie:
It is very important who talks to Lonk. Because when you open the door (or you come to that area down the stairs) he talks to you immediately. So check on your character portaits who is he really talking to ! You can see a small pink sign on the char.
I'm not sure about INT but CHA always worked for me. Just get the char with 18 CHA to talk to Lonk. You have a second or two to move that char close to the door and others away.
I actually just ran through this section again. I never have the time to move my characters around... maybe I'm not hitting pause fast enough. The trick that I tried this time that worked to pick who you want to speak to him was:

- Save the game right at the bottom of the stairs, before going up to see him. This should be in a position so if you click on the stairs, you go straight up without charcters shuffling around.
- Go up the stairs, and let him address your party. Note which character he speaks to (look for the pink lips icon on their portrait).
- Reload to the game at the bottom of the stairs.
- Move the character you want to speak to Lonk the Sane into the party position of the person who Lonk talked to last time. (Do this by dragging the character portrait of your "desired speaker" onto the character portrait of the "person Lonk spoke to".)
- Go up the stairs. Lonk should now address the character you actually want to talk to him.

I believe Charisma is the important attribute. This time I convinced him with a character with 13 intelligence wearing the Ring of Human Influence (18 charisma).
Old 12-01-2003, 06:20 PM   #10
Ares

Yes, it's charisma that determines his reactions. Intelligence doesn't have anything to do with it.
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote