Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2002, 01:28 AM   #1
BlueDragon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, my question may seem a little weird, but I need some answers to this.

Ok, my sister claims that she 'hears' things. Like voices.

Shes not insane or anything, her mind works very well. Everyone says she just is dreaming but she says that its not a dream, because she can open her eyes and move around and stuff.

It really freaks her out. But alot of the things arent really dierected to her. Like she will hear other names of people she doesnt know and stuff.

Wierd.
Old 07-07-2002, 01:33 AM   #2
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

I see dead people [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Sorry, couldn't help myself

Seriously though, if it's an option I would consider getting your parents to send her to a child psycologist, someone that knows how to deal with problems like this. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2002, 01:38 AM   #3
SecretMaster
Apophis

If the pychologist can't help, she may have a gift. You may know that i really study this crap, with paranormal activity. It could be a calling, something that few get. I gotta go though, to tired.
Old 07-07-2002, 01:41 AM   #4
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

I think your parents should send her to a scientist who deals with the paranormal. I think all psycologist would do is try to convince her there is something wrong with her. She needs a form of help but she shouldnt be told shes a freak. Its a gift.

Everyone has a bit of ESP. Some more than others. She sounds like one of the few people who havea higher degree of it. If she could learn to harness this (and also shut it out) she would be better off.

Get help, but dont send her to a shrink. They wont do anything but tell her shes crazy when in fact they dont understand it, and want to class it as "weird".
Old 07-07-2002, 02:36 AM   #5
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Of course she may not actually 'hear things' at all and may simply be wanting a bit of attention. Alot of people really lap up the whole psychic, ESP stuff. Maybe she's simply basking in the extra interest that some folks show in a 'psychic'. Pretty common thing really, no problem.
Old 07-07-2002, 12:58 PM   #6
BlueDragon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
Of course she may not actually 'hear things' at all and may simply be wanting a bit of attention. Alot of people really lap up the whole psychic, ESP stuff. Maybe she's simply basking in the extra interest that some folks show in a 'psychic'. Pretty common thing really, no problem.
But can you really make that claim with out knowing her?

Shes not really that type just to make stuff up for attention.
Old 07-07-2002, 01:26 PM   #7
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Have her do a sensory dep and try to realy listen to what the voices are saying. Have her wear earplugs and a sleep mask. Then have her sit in a quiet and dark room with a blanket or towel draped over her head and shoulders. This will eliminate almost all external stimulus so that she can realy focus on what they are saying. If the voices are coherent and just talking all at once then she prolly has a gift of some sort and needs to practice telling the diffrent voices apart. If she just gets distortion, noise, wailing, and randomly shouted words then get her to a phyciatrist. Things like that are a sighn of schitsophrenia.