Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2002, 08:02 PM   #1
Alkey
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, I'm at the part where I get teleported in front of the twins in thier throne room and the battle ensues. Problem is I can barely seem to hurt them. I have buffed my guys as much as I can, and I can handle all of the rest of the enemies in the room, but I can hardly scratch either one of the twins. Once I did manage to take madae down into hurt and start that second part of the battle near the fountain, but I couldn't save in between and those power words were the end of me. And that time for some reason they didn't have all of their shields up when I ported in. I didn't do anything different that I know of, maybe I took a different conversation path but I don't think so. If I could just remove thier buffs and shields I think I could swing it. Dispel doesn't seem to work even If I use lower resist, and its the only thing I know of that will remove the buffs. Also if there is anything that will protect my people from power words it would help alot too.

Here is my party:
Assimar Paladin Lvl 16
Tiefling Monk Lvl 15
Human Battleguard of Tempus lvl 16
Half-Elf Druid lvl 16
Gnome Rouge lvl 16
Human Necromancer lvl 16

p.s. why in the hell does my party have a limit on the number of summons I can have but the enemy doens't? How many frost giants do the twins really need when I can hardly hurt them anyway. This really pissed me off so I looked up the cheat codes just to enforce summon limit on them too.
Old 09-22-2002, 10:29 PM   #2
Magness
Quintesson

The winning strategy for the final battle can be summed up thusly:

1. Be absolutely and completely BUFFED up before initating the final battle.

2. When the battle starts, take out the mage standing behind the twins first. He's the guy that largely responsible for spawning all those enemy summoned monsters.

3. As you've seen, you will get stunned very shortly after the start of the battle. Hopefully, you allied yourself with the archmonk and his pals in the prison. They are the cavalry. After you are unstunned, run your mage and cleric away from the twins and to the bottom of the screen/room to stay out of range of their stunning attacks, then have them start summoning your own allies. Have some attack the twins. Have others attack any remaining allies of the twins. After the enemy cannonfodder is finished off send all of your allies against the twins to keep them busy.

4. Your job at this point is to survive long enough to have the twins' magical defenses expire. Using summoned monsters to keep them busy and immobile works wonders. After their defenses wear off, they are vulnerable and beatable.

5. If Isair goes invisible, cast some sort of Invisibility Purge to make him un-invisible.

6. If one of your characters gets stunned and poisoned, he/she could die while stunned. Have your cleric either unstun them so that they can take an antidote themselves OR cast a HEAL or Mass Heal on them. Do not let a character die of poison while stunned.

I'll let you continue from here. If you can get this far, you should be able to complete the task.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2002, 11:01 PM   #3
Red Dust
Elite Waterdeep Guard

there is a wirzard standing in the shadow in the right side of the door,
you need to kill him 1st otherise he will keep summom many strong monster,
Red Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 04:46 PM   #4
Alkey
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok, I managed to beat them, so here is how I did it if anybody else needs some help.

Primary frist targets are the summoners, the one behind the twins and the one to the bottom right out of sight at first. My front line guy (paladin) sprinted to the one behind the twin and if I was lucky he would take him out before blasphmey could stun him. Half the time he would get him close enough that a magic missle from my mage would fininsh him off before he could get anything off. My thief would run to the other summoner and backstab him to death. Those two never seem to do anything other that summon so they are pretty easy targets. I ran my druid off to one side out of range of the twins and my mage to the other, while my monk and cleric went after the demon knight and the other emeny rouges or monks, whatever they were they aren't that tough. I would use my mage to summmon an efretti or fire elemental by the twins, and then start breaking out all of the stops, after each twin gets a lower resist, I then cast firey cloud, acid fog, and delayed balst fireballs. If my summons died then I would replace them with another. The druid and cleric would cast pillar of fire as well. Once all the riff raft was cleared I would keep my font line people out of sight of the twins and let the summons and monks keep them busy. The constant barrage of magic from my mage kept the twins busy, and isar never went invisible, wich is good because he must have some ring of nondetection that kept invisibility purge from working. And only my rouge had the blind fighting feat. Missle weapons are useless, even arrows of dispelling, and magic missles, so don't even try, just wait out their protection spells. Once they are down go after isar. Madae seems to be an easier target but in the second part she is almost unreachable. Once they fall back cast death ward on all of your fighters before you open the door because madae will cast destruction and it almsost always seems to work. When the second battle starts run you spell casters away to the bridge on the left. beacuse blasphmey is coming, twice, get heal ready because the knight of xavim on the bottom right will kill whoever is closest and stunned, I lost my cleric here to him, summon monsters on top of him to try to keep him busy, and by madae to slow her down what you can and clog up the other knight, and just keep at isar. You just need to weaken one of them down to a point around almost dead to finish the battle. So focus on isar since he will be the closest and should be the weakest if you focused on him in the first part.

There you go, enjoy the ending.