Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2003, 08:12 PM   #1
Oruboris

I must have gotten a couple [minor, I think] things a little out of sequence, but I'm hortator of the houses, nerevarine of the tribes, so took up the archcanon on his invitation to come meet Vivec... couldn't find the person who was supposed to arrange the meeting, so I broke into his office [no one seemed to mind] and he sent me to talk to Vivec.

From posts here, I'd assumed this was gonna be an epic battle, made sure Azura's star was empty, enchanted a few weapons, etc.

Instead its all-tea-and-cookies, and he gives me wraithgaurd and a written plan as to how I ought to attack Dagoth Ur, etc.

So my question du jour is: To complete the main quest, do I just follow through with the rough plan he gave me? At what point does he 'need killin''?

Oru
Oruboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 08:15 PM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

You are going just fine. only kill Vivec when you finally beat the game.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 10:10 PM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Killing Vivec is NOT a must, only an option. I never killed him.
Old 09-05-2003, 11:48 PM   #4
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Yep, you don't have to kill him at all (in fact, it's probably not really very nice to do so - after all, he is a reasonable guy ).

As for following the plan, make sure you read it and pay attention to the arifacts you have to get before you go facing Dagoth Ur. Not much point going straight to Dagoth Ur and then having to leave and go get your equipment . However it's a little bit melodramatic. You probably won't need to 'set up a base at the ghostgate and go back for supplies after each sortie' or whatever it says. In fact, the guys at ghostgate are really unhelpful. I tried to talk to them about going up there and they didn't have anything to say
Old 09-06-2003, 07:00 AM   #5
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Killing Vivec is part of fast-finishing the game. Doing so will disrupt the natural order of things, but you can finish the game pretty darn quick [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2003, 12:17 PM   #6
B_part
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Zuvio:
Killing Vivec is part of fast-finishing the game. Doing so will disrupt the natural order of things, but you can finish the game pretty darn quick [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
well, not really. you can kill vivec and still finish the game, but it will take longer, and more thinking.