Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2003, 05:39 PM   #1
Tancred
White Dragon

Any good? I saw a copy on sale in Virgin together with the Tribunal expansion pack... What can I expect from Morrowind? Would it be necessary, or even a good idea, to play the first two games? Is it worth it?

I know some of you are gonna love answering this one.

Tanc
Old 01-31-2003, 05:43 PM   #2
Rolandthemad
Manshoon

I`d recommend it. There is alot of positive things that can be said and very little bad. Getting the PC version is also a good idea - once you beat the game and get bored with it there is a plethora of mods available to make it like new again! I`m sure there are loads and loads of reviews available, and they`ll outline all the details. All I have to say is that it is a very nice product.
Rolandthemad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 09:34 PM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I don't think you'll meet anyone in this particular forum who'll tell you NOT to buy it dude.
Old 01-31-2003, 09:51 PM   #4
Tancred
White Dragon

I know. But here I can also get detailed explanations of why I won't meet anyone who won't. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-31-2003, 10:43 PM   #5
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

simple reason you won't see any people who say don't buy this game. they'll get attacked by their comments from people who play this game.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2003, 11:53 PM   #6
Tancred
White Dragon

It's that good, is it?
Old 02-01-2003, 06:46 AM   #7
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

It is a very good game, I've got it for PC and XBox, mainly just play the Xbox one as my PC ain't that great.

If you're looking for negative points as well as all the positives,like freedom, open ended game play, lovely graphics, User Mods, hundreds of quests, hundreds of NPCs then I'll give it a go as I've played it a lot.

OK then, negatives-
It is quite easy to become almost invincible.
You can feel a bit directionless sometimes.
It can get a bit repetetive.

Those points said, I would say buy it, especially with the add on, (which I haven't played) and especially if you have a good PC, mine is a P3 550mhz, with a 32meg Geoforce 2, just not powerful enough.
Old 02-01-2003, 11:27 AM   #8
Rageheart
Emerald Dragon

ONly bad thing is that it is really huge, and after a year you can do almost everything
Old 02-01-2003, 12:01 PM   #9
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

you can make the game longer by downloading mods out there.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2003, 11:08 PM   #10
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Tancred~~~Morrowind is an open ended RPG that you don't have to follow the main quest to gain levels and power in fact its better if you just explore the world of Morrowind and go Dungeon Hopping for the first month just to build up your stats. There is a very large main quest that you will need alot of experance to complete and when you do complete the main quest the game is just getting started. It comes with a really great expansion kit that's also open ended and you can create a complete new game of your own from building your own land mass down to the flowers and herbs that live there along with wild life the likes you've never seen before. Get The PC version if you want to Expand or down load the hunderds of MODS that other people have made FREE off the Internet, and then maybe this summer you will be ready for Tribunal The Offical Expansion that requires you to be level 27 or better just to survive the first 5 min of it. I started with the Collectors edition at $80.00 and its been worth every penny. now I have Tribunal and the game just keeps getting better. next oct 2003 There should be the next expansion game released, so get Morrowind now and maybe by next fall you'll be ready for the Expansions.

[ 02-01-2003, 11:12 PM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]