Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2006, 11:09 PM   #1
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Mad

link: [img]smile.gif[/img] http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2...ent_707883.htm

Quote:
105-year old man seeks Ms. Right
By Kang Yi (chinadaily.com.cn)
-
-
Gong Duruo, 105, a double PhD holder started searching for Ms. Right on his blog Wednesday, which surprised netizens nationwide, wrote the Chinese Business Morning View Friday.
-

-
Gong Duruo, 105, a double PhD holder is an expert on traditional medicine therapies. [Jilin News]
-
-
" I cannot live without love any more, and I want someone to spend the rest of my life with," thrice-divorced Gong wrote in his blog.
-
Gong wrote that he wanted a woman who knew a bit about medicine, and if she were around 50 years old, that would be a plus.
-
He has received ten applications within two days. Zhang, 52, who comes from a long line of doctors' families, caught Gong's eye.
-
Zhang's preliminary win was based on her preparation and inner beauty. " I went to a photo studio to take a picture for my application," she told the Chinese Business Morning View Thursday in a telephone interview.
-
Gong, holding a PhD from both West China Union University and New York State University told the morning view Thursday that he hopes his would-be wife can help him edit his medical book, and Zhang's work experience as a doctor will help him.
-
" I'm not doing this for his money. I want to help him fulfill his dream of publishing the book and to learn from his profound knowledge of traditional medicine therapies," Zhang said.
-
" My father is 20 years older than my mother, and an instant warm feeling ran through me when I saw his online pictures," Zhang said when was asked about the age gap.
-
She will be an apprentice rather than a wife, and many netizens questioned Zhang's intentions.
-
In response Zhang said she believes Gong is an open-minded senior and they would live happily as together as spouses if their personalities fit each other.
-
Zhang runs a beauty salon after her retirement in Shenyang, northeast China's Liaoning Province, some two thousand kilometers away from Gong's home in Baotou, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region.
-
" I am willing to give up my business and to leave my daughter for him," Zhang concluded.
-
Gong is still treating patients in a local community clinic, and practices qigong, a Chinese breathing exercise, everyday.
-
He said being happy is his key to 'long life'.
geez 105 years old!! and looking for someone half his age [img]smile.gif[/img] . Im just wondering if he wil be able to reach his own wedding now

[ 10-18-2006, 11:11 PM: Message edited by: Harkoliar ]

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 04:28 AM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
And will he make it through the weddingnight.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:45 AM   #3
Legolas
Jack Burton

He looks energetic enough in the picture, I'd be more worried about his wife.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 11:32 AM   #4
Winter Wolf
Manshoon

He'll probably outlive his wife. Qigong is good stuff, and since he's over 100 years old, I'd say it works pretty well!
Old 10-19-2006, 12:48 PM   #5
bubbe
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Winter Wolf:
He'll probably outlive his wife.
That made me somehow laugh like h*ll! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2006, 06:57 PM   #6
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

He's such a gangster.

[img]tongue.gif[/img]