Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2003, 11:53 AM   #1
Rokenn
Galvatron

Bush doll has Texas accent but it was made in China

The White House advance team that set up the “Made-in the-USA” boxes used as a backdrop for President Bush’s recent speech on the economy in St. Louis, may want to examine the box the new George W. Bush talking doll comes in.

The battery-powered commander in chief looks like the president and sounds like the president, but, as it says on the box, the George Bush doll is “Made in China.”

“ I come from Texas,” insists the $29.95 doll in one of 16 Bush sound-bites programmed into it.

Jim Wessling, CEO of Talking Presidents, the California company that markets the doll, doesn’t see the made-in-China label as a problem. “We couldn’t find a factory in this country that could do the work and keep the cost down.”

The White House had no comment.

Meanwhile, two blocks away at the Political Americana souvenir shop, manager Jennifer Levy reported Bush dolls have been flying off the shelf, but not lately.

“ We ran out in December,” she said.
Old 02-19-2003, 02:26 PM   #2
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Does Bush have anything to do with the doll? If he's part of the program that's one thing, but if it's just a company making a buck off a public person, there isn't really anything he can do about it, is there?

[ 02-19-2003, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 02-19-2003, 03:16 PM   #3
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
Does Bush have anything to do with the doll? If he's part of the program that's one thing, but if it's just a company making a buck off a public person, there isn't really anything he can do about it, is there?
Come on Ronn this is a brilliant politicla scheme. Didn´t everyone say Bush was weak in foreign relations? Now he is creating jobs in another country. Literally! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]
Old 02-19-2003, 03:59 PM   #4
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Whether Bush knew about it or not, I just find it funny that the doll's made in China, but says “ I come from Texas,” [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] For some reason, that just hit me as funny.
Old 02-19-2003, 08:17 PM   #5
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I'll buy one.