Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2007, 10:24 AM   #1
Klorox
Symbol of Cyric

This forum is very slow at times for me. I'll also get error messages quite often when opening a new window, or trying to post (and I'll have to refresh multiple times to get where I'm trying to go).

It's very frustrating at times, and happens to me both at work and at home. Does anybody else have problems like this?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."-- Edmund Burke
Klorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:32 AM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I get some slow responses, and I usually refresh or hit post again whenever I "feel" it happening. Sometimes I'll do that 3-4 times.

There are changes coming, though, and that should make things easier. (says he, with no real clue as to what's going to happen [img]smile.gif[/img] ).
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:11 PM   #3
ZFR
Legion Symbol

I get slow responses. And the "this page cannot be found" at times. Usually when I try to make a new post.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:15 PM   #4
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

I know Z is doing alot of work in the background to prepare for the conversion to the new forum software.

This is most probably causing some slowness for the server and the boards.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:53 AM   #5
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

IW's has never been great for me at work, but I know that's because of our connection. At home, I very rarely get many issues.
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:01 AM   #6
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

I rarely have any issues with the forums. It seems to be very reliable for me.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:09 AM   #7
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Yeah, you may see some slowness due to conversion to SQL database. And we'll also be jumping from a Athlon 1800 server (which was build back in 2000-ish 2001) to my newer system, a 3.4Ghz (not dual core or anything) but it will blow the current server away 40 fold. And the new system has 2 gig of ram. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hang in there, VERY LARGE changes are nearly complete. Larger than in 2001 even!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:16 AM   #8
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:

Hang in there, VERY LARGE changes are nearly complete. Larger than in 2001 even!
Ahh the old blue board to brown I missed it but heard all about it. I guess there are not many blue boarders left now.

Yes Klorox I also have that problem and have had for over a year. People posted about this problem many years ago and it was weird because so few people had the problem and people like me kept on telling them it must not be the Z server because for most people it ran fine. I think we have lost a few people over this issue. Hopefully when all the changes come through we can have a big Ironworks reunion

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 07:03 PM   #9
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Well we will be sending out Emails about the new server and board changes and I think some of the Old timers may like some of the things Z has in store for the new boards.

I will say that some people would like to be a fly on the wall in the Mod lounge [img]smile.gif[/img] with some of the discussions going on.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:30 PM   #10
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

It's that old bandwidth issue again I guess, but this time with a reason. Only noticed a few timeouts recently, nothing near as bad as a few year back. I imagine it is just the forum transfers going on atm.