Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2006, 06:35 PM   #1
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

I have to hand it to Flamestryke. I like her newest mod 1.1. The new weapons and armor are excellent, although if you have played the game alot (like I have) you get really powerful early. No, what does it for me are the new critters. I haven't tried the other mods by others, so I can't say how good they are. Here is a partial list of what I have seen by lev 12 (does not include major unique foes):

Higardi Housewives - makes good sense (defending their homes)don't ignore them!
Some weird 3 tentacled bluish floating things - these weren't too hard, I dread their older brothers
Mantis Yearlings - lev 3 but they fight well, again the full warrior may be a challenge, quite different looking
Rogue priests? - not too hard, mainly physical battles
Druids - harder when they get near, love the stern face, not priestly
Nymphs - my fave so far, puts the best physical aspects of the sorceresses and wind spites together, somewhat dangerous to low levels

Some of these look like combos (the housewives) of other characters, some look quite new. I guess they were lurking in Sir-tech's Wiz 8 software unless someone figured how to cut and paste onto the moving creatures. They move well, naturally I may say, the mechanics are good.

Another fresh breeze to the game. - Zig -
Old 03-08-2006, 08:16 PM   #2
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Thanks for the input as always. Were there any install problems and how easy is the install? Also, do you need to start a new game?
Old 03-08-2006, 10:49 PM   #3
Krull
Zhentarim Guard

Watch out for the new Clones, they can really spoil your day. They look like Altheides in the Upper Monastery. They are high level (20-22?) and found near the Savant Tower. They can cast the highest Psionic spells. Nice XP though.

As for other mods, Deathstalker has just posted on the VN Boards that he hopes to complete his latest mod tonight. I've played various mods but Flame's is still my favourite.

Edit: You do need to start a new game if playing Flame's latest mod.

[ 03-08-2006, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: Krull ]
Krull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 05:31 PM   #4
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

The mod 1.1 install was easier than I thought, so I accidently killed my working game by using earlier mod version install instructions.

If you make sure your game is in the default folders called Sir-Tech" and "Wizardry 8", let's say both under "Program Files", then when you run the mod4 install .exe file (I just point to it in Explorer), choose the base folder "Program Files" and all the files go where they are supposed to go. Flame also has instructions at her site. They were so short I thought I was missing something. The main thing is to have the right names for your game folders.

[ 03-09-2006, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: Ziggurat ]
Old 03-09-2006, 07:06 PM   #5
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Ok, thanks.
I think I'll go a little further with my group before starting over.