Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2003, 04:58 PM   #11
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Kenyth:
quote:
Originally posted by BaRoN NiGhT:
too bad i dont like dogs.thx anyway.

Don't be too quick to say that. Mini or toy poodles are good housepets for those with allergies. They're also about the size of a cat and can be pretty lovable. [/QUOTE]Yep poodles are wonderful little creatures, and as Kenyth said, they're perfect for people with allergies to pet hair and such because they have wool not fur. They're extremely intelligent, so easy to train, and sweet, loving animals. On the cat side, cornish or devon rex are good cats for people with allergies since they don't shed either. Keeping a cat indoors and not letting it outside where it gets pollen and grass seeds in its coat, plus keeping it strictly flea-free does wonders for people who are allergic to cats. It doesn't help when you're allergic to cat saliva, but our indoor Russian Blue hasn't given the three allergy stricken people in my house any trouble at all, whereas the two outside cats we had previously affected us a lot.
Old 07-15-2003, 05:03 PM   #12
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

i'd say get a cat, and buy lots of anti-histamines [img]smile.gif[/img] . well i love cats, so anything i said would be biased. i also dislike dogs becuase they take alot of attention (running around attention, not sitting quietly(or noisily in some cases) attention) and although some don't, dogs do smell alot more then cats (exept for the cat litter box, but thats easily avoided by never going in the bathroom its in) so i'm always gonna be against getting a dog. unless you like dogs. then go for it. i suggest a komodo dragon. all you gotta do is train it not to bite, kill and devour you and you have the coolest pet ever! other then the fact its like 3 metres long, weights ALOT and can't really be trained not to eat people. a good point is you could mutate it with radiation and get a godzilla like creature . well, you just gotta weigh up the pro's and the cons.
Old 07-15-2003, 05:17 PM   #13
Atrayu
The Magister

I would say get a fish tank and put some neons in it. Might be a good start and no hair
Old 07-15-2003, 05:22 PM   #14
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Get a snake. prefebably a king cobra. you'll need a wooden box with a strong cover to put it. teach it to eat rats rather than snakes ( rats are cheaper to buy ). after 3 rats it will become full and need not be fed again for 1 week. but wait for 1 hour or so before putting it back to the box ( it need to emm..shit too ). after that you can keep it in the box until the next feeding time.

easy no? just becareful not to step on it's head. they'll get surly fast and mine nearly bite my feet. oh, for some strange reason it hate the sights of any round object eg a ball. it will keep on biting it. don't know why.
Old 07-15-2003, 05:32 PM   #15
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by BaRoN NiGhT:
in a couple of days again, i'll be getting a new pet.i like cats a lot . but my brother seems allergic to cats.any nice and playful pets that u think i can buy for without allergic-ing my brother?

edit:what da ya guys have?

--------------------
You could always get a bonsia cat

warning: the site is a rather tasteless joke [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2003, 06:16 PM   #16
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

What about Hampters or Mice or something of that nature?

I have always wanted a Ferret myself.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 07-15-2003, 08:20 PM   #17
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

You know, there are actually some cats that wouldn't be a problem allergically. Either a cornish rex or devon rex (can't remember which) doesn't produce dander, which is usually the cause of allergic reactions. My cousins in England have one, and even though one of them is quite allergic, they have no problems whatsoever. Check 'em out...they're cool cats. [img]smile.gif[/img]

EDIT -> And since you asked, I have 2 dogs (1 golden retriever, 1 quarter-wolf quarter rottweiler half-german shepherd,) 3 cats and about 10 fish.

[ 07-15-2003, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: True_Moose ]
Old 07-15-2003, 08:34 PM   #18
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Get yourself a pot belly pig! You can train them to use a litter box like a cat. They are smarter than dogs and you can feed them just about anything.
Old 07-15-2003, 08:59 PM   #19
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Snakes!? Bah! They're so cold and creepy

If you want a low maitentence pet, try a guinea-pig. They're cute, furry and easy to look after. Oh yeah, and they are warm-blooded! (Snakes!!!) If you do decide to get a guinea-pig, you should also get another one as a companion. Make sure they are both the same sex though, as you may wake up one morning with 5 mini guinea-pigs. I nearly forgot, guinea-pigs are also very cheap ($$$) around $10 AUS with the cage being around $50. They eat mainly pellets, carrots and lettuce.

Just a suggestion [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 07-15-2003, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: GokuZool ]
Old 07-15-2003, 09:23 PM   #20
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

I Know If you like cats check out the Berammise (check spelling?).
A Berammise Cat has short hair and they never shead which means no dander. My grandmother has three and they are three of the smartests animals I have ever had the pleasure to meet. All three were taught to use the toilet so my Granny doesn't even have a cat litter box and they never ever go outside.
They love people and kids more than any cat I have ever seen and I own 9 Black and white cats that range in age as old as 17 years down to the youngest and he is only 10 weeks old. They are nowhere near as smart as those three Berammise my Granny has.
My Grandfather is alergic to my cats but not those three that Granny and he have!
They look like a siammese but have lite brown hair where the Siammese have the white hair.