Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2003, 09:09 PM   #1
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Question Mark

Ok I'm asking for all the women of IW to help me with this.What do girls like for Valentine's Day giftwise. I have this girl I like and I want to get her something for Valentine's Day...except I have to idea what to get her.Any ideas?
Old 02-01-2003, 09:16 PM   #2
Animal
Gold Dragon

A case of beer.
Old 02-01-2003, 09:19 PM   #3
Deathbringer

Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
A case of beer.
Heh, If I were a girl I'd like that [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously tho, what happened to good old chocolates and a pretty flowers?

Old 02-01-2003, 09:24 PM   #4
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Deathbringer:
quote:
A case of beer.

[/QUOTE]Chocolates is a double edged sword, it could go either way depending on her mood. "Are you trying to make me fat?"
The flowers are good, but make sure there are no allergies involved.

Someguy, it depends on your relationship with this girl. Are you serious about each other, are are you admiring her from afar?
Old 02-01-2003, 09:28 PM   #5
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Um admiring he from afar even though she already knows I like her....
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 02-01-2003, 09:33 PM   #6
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:
Um admiring he from afar even though she already knows I like her....
Then you're best off to go with something understated, that lets her know "Heh, I like you, but no pressure."
How about a stuffed toy of her favourite animal?
Think about something that she likes, and will mean something to her.
Does she like literature? A nice hardbound volume of her favourite book?
It's really tough to say, not knowing your relationship with this girl and exactly how far you can go, without pushing too much.
Old 02-01-2003, 09:40 PM   #7
Deathbringer

Quote:
quote:
quote:
A case of beer.

[/QUOTE]Chocolates is a double edged sword, it could go either way depending on her mood. "Are you trying to make me fat?"

Someguy, it depends on your relationship with this girl. Are you serious about each other, are are you admiring her from afar?
[/QUOTE]Really? I've never met a girl who doesn't take chocolates... maybe a girl who cant eat dairy products.

I'd ask the girl what her favourite flower is. Maybe say to her that you are conducting a survey that way you could ask lots of questions and get to know her [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 02-01-2003, 09:43 PM   #8
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
A case of beer.

[/QUOTE]Really? I've never met a girl who doesn't take chocolates... maybe a girl who cant eat dairy products.

I'd ask the girl what her favourite flower is. Maybe say to her that you are conducting a survey that way you could ask lots of questions and get to know her [img]tongue.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]Ooooooooooooh, that's devious .

Well somedude , i'd go for the flowers and chocolates too and keep that keg of bear ready just in case .
Old 02-01-2003, 09:46 PM   #9
Animal
Gold Dragon

Flowers and chocolates are good, but they're very....ordinary.
Anybody can give flowers and chocolate, but giving a girl something with meaning lets her know that you thought about the gift.
Old 02-01-2003, 09:46 PM   #10
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Basically mate, if she already likes you then it doesn't matter what you get her as long as it's not too tacky. If she doesn't like you then it doesn't matter either cos nothing that you BUY is gonna change her mind unless she's a money hungry bitch and then you don't want her anyway..... trust me to talk subtle
Where you can influence her with a gift is if she's kinda neutral about you - you know she doesn't fancy you but she thinks you might be interesting...in this case, a nice gift can do the trick. Some girls'd love the fluffy toy idea but it depends on the kind of girl. Depending on what she's like maybe a small bottle of perfume is also a good idea.

[ 02-01-2003, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray