Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2002, 06:21 AM   #91
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
so how did things work out with the Temptation Island gal? [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img]
Yeah Memnoch!... I was wondering the same thing, hehe [img]smile.gif[/img]

And in reply to LB reg. makeup: I once dated this girl that left soooooo much makeup on the pillow in the morning I not only had to wash them every other day, but when she moved on (I was too nice apparently [yeah right, if that's not an excuse, I don't know what is]) I had to throw them away (they were far too icky [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

Since then I have looked at "done up" ladies in a different light. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-17-2002, 06:24 AM   #92
Vampire

Quote:
So sorry to hear about Taryn, Memny *hugs*

Gods, I feel like I haven't been around in ages now... so how did things work out with the Temptation Island gal? [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img]
uhhhh I'm I missing something here
Old 04-17-2002, 06:38 AM   #93
Melusine
Dracolisk

Eeeew Downunda, that is so gross!!!
She must have worn tons of make-up then...

Since I'm on the subject anyway, I do wear makeup and I'm not ashamed of it - in fact a number of those 'Oh I'm all natural" girls would do well to try a little make up themselves [img]tongue.gif[/img] LOL!
Don't get me wrong though, I find the sight of one of those plastered paintings as distasteful as most people, but I think a little make up only enhances beauty. I'm not saying you can't be beautiful without it - hell, I walk around with no makeup on half of the time. But I do think it's slightly exaggerated the way most people put down girls who wear makeup - I think they'd be surprised to know how many of those 'oh so natural-looking' girls are in fact wearing tons of make up. For instance, movie stars always have great, natural-looking, healthy, glowing skin - out of a bottle. It's fake. I may wear mascara or lipstick that *is* visible and doesn't look natural, but I prefer that over clogging up my face in foundation and powder (I *never* wear either) and looking "natural".
Just my 2c [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-17-2002, 09:06 AM   #94
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:

Since I'm on the subject anyway, I do wear makeup and I'm not ashamed of it - in fact a number of those 'Oh I'm all natural" girls would do well to try a little make up themselves [img]tongue.gif[/img] LOL!
Don't get me wrong though, I find the sight of one of those plastered paintings as distasteful as most people, but I think a little make up only enhances beauty. I'm not saying you can't be beautiful without it - hell, I walk around with no makeup on half of the time. But I do think it's slightly exaggerated the way most people put down girls who wear makeup - I think they'd be surprised to know how many of those 'oh so natural-looking' girls are in fact wearing tons of make up. For instance, movie stars always have great, natural-looking, healthy, glowing skin - out of a bottle. It's fake. I may wear mascara or lipstick that *is* visible and doesn't look natural, but I prefer that over clogging up my face in foundation and powder (I *never* wear either) and looking "natural".
Actually Mel, when I was married I did indeed think my wife was prettiest first thing in the morning, without any makeup at all. I am one who does prefer the "oh so natural look". The fresh out of the beach or shower look. Natural. (I've been around long enough to be able to tell when even a little makeup is applied.)

Of course this look didn't necessarily work when going out to a dinner for example. 'Not working' meaning a lack of consistency with a contextual 'look'.

Context is all important.

That said, I prefer the context of natural elements. One where the real person can shine through in a one on one situation.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 04-17-2002, 09:20 AM   #95
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
So sorry to hear about Taryn, Memny *hugs*
No worries, we're still friends - it was a mutual thing in the end since we couldn't really resolve where we were going and so thought it best to just set each other free, so to speak.

Life is about learning - every relationship you have, good or bad, long or short, is teaching you something about the person you'll one day be with - so when you finally meet that person, you'll just KNOW they're the one. This one was good and long, and full of learning. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
Gods, I feel like I haven't been around in ages now... so how did things work out with the Temptation Island gal? [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img]
I haven't seen her or called her since we went out just before I went away on holidays. I've been so busy with work and the rugby season is really hotting up here, so I've been getting into a bit of sport on weekends. I'm at that "want to call, should call, but can't be bothered to call" stage of the game. Since I haven't called since I got back I've probably let this one slip. [img]graemlins/awcrap.gif[/img]

But I'm meant to be catching up with Victoria and friends for drinks on Friday night, and she's meant to be there, so I'll see if I can pick up/salvage anything then.

How's Seb? I hope he's well. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 04-17-2002, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Old 04-17-2002, 09:36 AM   #96
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hey Mems, glad to hear you and Taryn are still friends. And you are right, when the "right one" shows up, you do just KNOW. Rugby! LOL Whatever you do, don't tell Ms Temptation that you were doing the sports thing instead of calling her! Have fun Friday!

As far as makeup is concerned, I tend to wear basic foundation and sometimes eyeshadow or lip gloss to work but on weekends and around my place I seldom put anything other than a good moisturizer on. I can't be bothered with mascara, as it's a mess to clean up and with contacts it is a MAJOR pain if a lash gets in your eye.. ugh!
Old 04-17-2002, 01:11 PM   #97
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Eyes attract me first. The rest just follows and personality is a definite must. BTW, my wife is my best friend. I don't see how a marriage works any other way. If she can't be your best friend, then don't get married.
Old 04-17-2002, 01:31 PM   #98
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Eeeew Downunda, that is so gross!!!
She must have worn tons of make-up then...

Its not that i was putting down chicks who wear make-up, just the ones that wear too much make-up. I dont need mascara, as my lashes are already dark and thick, but i do wear the basic foundation when i feel the need, or when im going out on a date or sumthing. Ugh that thing about the pillow case was nasty, guess she never heard of washing her face b4 going to bed eh? b;ah! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-17-2002, 02:43 PM   #99
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

[quote]Originally posted by Memnoch:
Quote:
Life is about learning - every relationship you have, good or bad, long or short, is teaching you something about the person you'll one day be with - so when you finally meet that person, you'll just KNOW they're the one. This one was good and long, and full of learning. [img]smile.gif[/img]
True - sometimes, Memsy, you say some of the most thoughtful things...EVERYONE FREAKIN TAKE NOTES, OKAY!

Quote:
I haven't seen her or called her since we went out just before I went away on holidays. I've been so busy with work and the rugby season is really hotting up here, so I've been getting into a bit of sport on weekends.
Err...you'll letting a girl slip through your hands because of sports...**checks for pulse** I KNOW it's Rugby and all, but...

Later, Mem, and hope things are well for ya.

BK
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night - Consort to a Queen- Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way - Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons - Heart, Mind, and Soul- Newbie at Heart - ()xxxxxxxxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::::::::>
Old 04-17-2002, 06:36 PM   #100
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
that's easy, it's all about the ass