Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2002, 12:53 PM   #21
Epona
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted by Barry the Sprout:

But I have to say the "Happiest" day of my life was when I realised potato skins were edible...

????? Cooked, I hope ?????
Old 01-22-2002, 12:54 PM   #22
Durwyn
Elminster

Well I'm like Neb in times, there are times when I'm just depressed I guess hehe, but most of the times I'm happy. Its not about trying to keep yourself cheerful its more about just loving and giving positive energey to everyone around you, and then you'll get the same positive back.

But anyways, the happiest day in my life was probably when I got my fist computer heh [img]smile.gif[/img] . Oh and also this day when I became the official boyfriend of this girl Alexandra who looks almost exactly like Britney Spears... Oh god I still love that girl heh [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Old 01-22-2002, 01:32 PM   #23
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Epona:

????? Cooked, I hope ?????

What do you think I am! Some kind of philistine student! Urmmm actually...
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 01-22-2002, 01:49 PM   #24
fable
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:

And fable - *BIG HUGS* [img]graemlins/bighug.gif[/img] That's SO wonderful! I love hearing of another who has come through 'the ringer'. [img]smile.gif[/img] I, too, was abused - as a child and then in my first marriage and then emotionally abandoned in my second marriage. I kept going believing that one day it would all be worth it. And it IS! I now have met a wonderful and loving man. It makes everything worth the torment I've been through. [img]smile.gif[/img] And it's true - knowing that you do truly love someone and they truly love you in return is the best feeling in the world (imho).

DragonMage, take a *big hug* for yourself, as well. [img]smile.gif[/img] LIke you said, it's always great to find somebody who's broken the circle of abuse, recognized their own self-worth, and found a loving, happy relationahip. In my case, I went through two decades of abuse beginning at home and continuing at school, in large part because an infant with chronic asthma didn't match up to my parent's hopes for a nice, happy, suburban family. It took a while to break past mute acceptance into anger, and still longer to simply get past that and on with living my life. I've long since reached that point, and the ghosts have lost their ability to lock me in the past.

Like you said, reciprocated, honest love is the key. Nothing else can do it; nothing else comes close. I've never understood those jokes denigrating men or women as a sex: my wife is also my best friend and lover. I can only wish this situation on everybody else, here. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-22-2002, 02:04 PM   #25
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
I try and make every day a happy day. When I wake up in the morning and I'm lying in bed thinking about how awful today seems, I just talk myself into being happy about it - it helps a lot. I can't say I've ever had a 'happiest day' of my life, but as I say, I try to enjoy every one equally. I am a happy person in general

See that's just awesome. Happiness is a perceptional choice. We can choose to look at the good stuff and be happy, or dwell on what we don't have, have lost, or will lose, and be miserable.

Of course circumstances can make seeing the good stuff reeeaaally hard (pointing out the obvious now) but I believe it's still a choice at the core.

Fable, Brenda, I went through really dark periods too. It ended up making the light so much brighter by comparison.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 01-22-2002, 02:18 PM   #26
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

August 17, 1986

The day I accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior.
Old 01-22-2002, 02:22 PM   #27
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

I agree on that last point in particular, Hugh. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Without having had darkness in my life, I don't think I'd be able to truly appreciate the light that I have been blessed with now. [img]smile.gif[/img] Guido is truly my best friend and he's shown me that he loves me for who I am - good and bad. [img]smile.gif[/img] He is truly a blessing from above.

And I see the bad in my life now as character strengthening. The demons of my past are just that - in the past. I am mostly a happy person, and I owe that happiness to my belief in the old adage of "what does not kill me, makes me stronger". [img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.
Old 01-22-2002, 05:55 PM   #28
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
I try and make every day a happy day. When I wake up in the morning and I'm lying in bed thinking about how awful today seems, I just talk myself into being happy about it - it helps a lot. I can't say I've ever had a 'happiest day' of my life, but as I say, I try to enjoy every one equally. I am a happy person in general

Yes absolutely. You have to be able to make yourself happy and not need to depend on someone or something for your own happiness. I try to be happy everyday. And it's not that hard really.

But having said that the happiest day I can remember was when Bubbles started running around and smiling again after she got bitten by a german shepherd. Although I cried too because it had been so worrying, seeing her so little and in so much pain that to see her happy and well again was very emotional.
Old 01-22-2002, 06:32 PM   #29
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:

... when Bubbles started running around and smiling again after she got bitten ...

Bubbles???
Old 01-22-2002, 06:45 PM   #30
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
quote:
Originally posted by Scholarcs:

Bubbles???

My poodle