Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2001, 10:42 AM   #1
Morse2020
Elite Waterdeep Guard

After purchasing the game about a month ago i have made good progress and have been suffering a slight performance error.

every time i play the game after 20 - 30 minuits my computer restarts itself or comes up with a blue error screen this is clearly not normal. I downloaded the latest patch but this didnt solve the problem but infact probably made it occur more oftern. I have abrand new top spec PC here are its specs.

850Mh proccessor
G-force 2 Mx
256MG ram
ect.

s why is this happeneing if you can help me pls tell what is wrong and why this is hppening
Old 05-12-2001, 10:50 AM   #2
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

It sounds like just a glitch in the game so you should copy all your folders that have anything to do with your saved games to another folder than reinstall the game then put hte folders back in. Its what i always do whenever I have something wrong with it

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 05-12-2001, 10:55 AM   #3
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Did you do a full install or a partial install? I did a partial at first and had problems. A full install fixed alot of problems I was having.

------------------
O_H_F

[This message has been edited by Reeka (edited 05-12-2001).]
Old 05-12-2001, 10:55 AM   #4
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Also, you might want to make sure you do a full install rather than run off of disks. If you haven't done that already, it'll just be easier.

You also might check the readme.txt file to see if there are recommendations for changing your graphics settings. I know many graphics cards work better when you turn off the 3D effects in the game.

A new install is still the best advice.

------------------

Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.
Old 05-12-2001, 10:55 AM   #5
Morse2020
Elite Waterdeep Guard

nice one i hope this solves it cause its fricken annoying