Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2003, 12:44 PM   #1
landsknecht
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Salve

I am new to the board (I have introduced my self on the ToB board), so hello to all of you... and I am currently playing SoA. I do have a problem I did the silver pantaloons quest wrong... what to do?
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

There are no saves left that are even close to that quest... I have played a lot of the quests around the map (including Watchers Keep from ToB) and are about to go to spellhold... so what to do? I still have the ransome note, where it states that one can meet a guy outside of the Copper Coronet, but he just will not show up. Is that because of that I freed the woman that was held for ransom? Arghhh this is so irretatiing, I was reading about the Pantaloons Enigma somwwhere... and there it was, I realized that I had did the quest wrong, I simply had forgot all about it. I really would like some advice about this problem... spoliers or cheats or what ever can be done about it!

landsknecht
Old 09-10-2003, 12:49 PM   #2
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by landsknecht:
Salve

I am new to the board (I have introduced my self on the ToB board), so hello to all of you... and I am currently playing SoA. I do have a problem I did the silver pantaloons quest wrong... what to do?
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

There are no saves left that are even close to that quest... I have played a lot of the quests around the map (including Watchers Keep from ToB) and are about to go to spellhold... so what to do? I still have the ransome note, where it states that one can meet a guy outside of the Copper Coronet, but he just will not show up. Is that because of that I freed the woman that was held for ransom? Arghhh this is so irretatiing, I was reading about the Pantaloons Enigma somwwhere... and there it was, I realized that I had did the quest wrong, I simply had forgot all about it. I really would like some advice about this problem... spoliers or cheats or what ever can be done about it!

landsknecht
WELCOME to IW [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

spoiler about your situation...

you have to play evil to get silver pantaloons...once the woman is free, the ransom note is useless...

well, if you really want it, you can CLUA it in...

ADD:
btw, if you don't have the first pantaloons, which you SHOULD NOT have if you don't import a BG1 character, which happen to keep them. So, if you don't have that, you might as well CLUA both of them in...

[ 09-10-2003, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: teardropmina ]
Old 09-10-2003, 12:58 PM   #3
landsknecht
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Salve

Thanks for the reply... I do have the Golden Pantaloons (imported from BGI)... I just for got to do the quest correctly... I didnt realize that it was the Silver pantaloons quest until much later, when reading about it... I have done the damn quest before...
My brain just wasnt at home that day... =P

So this CLUA... I have never done that before, anyone care to explain the process of this, or that can redirect me to a place where I can read about it?

By the way... while I am at it... where can I find some Silver Dragon Blood for the Human skin armour???? I simply cant find it...

Regards

landsknecht

[ 09-10-2003, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: landsknecht ]
Old 09-10-2003, 01:10 PM   #4
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Salve

Thanks for the reply... I do have the Golden Pantaloons (imported from BGI)... I just for got to do the quest correctly... I didnt realize that it was the Silver pantaloons quest until much later, when reading about it... I have done the damn quest before...
My brain just wasnt at home that day... =P

So this CLUA... I have never done that before, anyone care to explain the process of this, or that can redirect me to a place where I can read about it?

By the way... while I am at it... where can I find some Silver Dragon Blood for the Human skin armour???? I simply cant find it...

Regards

landsknecht
the site of many cheats, go to find BG2: SoA cheat update,

http://www.ggmania.com/box.php3?gfx=...heats&noup=yes

as for the silver dragon blood...which chapter are you in now?
you'll need to kill a silver dragon to get the blood...that dragon you cannot miss...plot required that you'll meet that dragon, but completely optional whether you want to get the blood or not.
Old 09-10-2003, 01:26 PM   #5
Faceman
Hathor

to enable CLUAConsole open your baldur.ini file (inyour bg2 directory) with notepad and enter debug mode = 1 under [Program options]
shold look something like this (other lines are due to your other options don't change them)

code:
[Program Options]
Debug Mode=1
Installing=0
Install Type=3
3D Acceleration=1
Maximum Frame Rate=30
Path Search Nodes=400000
Translucent Shadows=1
Force 50 Percent Transparent=0
Disable Brighten=1
Display Subtitles=0
Full Screen=1
[/QUOTE]to bring up the Console press Ctrl+Space inside the game
you can now edit/debug a lot in the game (spawn monsters, NPCs, items, set variables,...)
to get the different commands simply take a look at the cheats section on Ironworks main site (link on button in the upper left of this and every IWF page)

And note that a Silver Dragon is a being of great power and beauty as well as a strong force of good. Only the most evil of men would want to attack them.
Old 09-10-2003, 03:41 PM   #6
landsknecht
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Salve

Thanks for the help. I found the place here on the IW site where it all where explained. The only thing I need now is the code for the Silver Pantaloons, anyone?

I just remembered the Siver Dragon too... its in the Underdark.. huh? I also remembered that one are "not" supposed to slay it... but that is the only way to finish the Human skin armour quest right?

landsknecht
Old 09-10-2003, 03:47 PM   #7
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Salve

Thanks for the help. I found the place here on the IW site where it all where explained. The only thing I need now is the code for the Silver Pantaloons, anyone?

I just remembered the Siver Dragon too... its in the Underdark.. huh? I also remembered that one are "not" supposed to slay it... but that is the only way to finish the Human skin armour quest right?

landsknecht
do some web searching, you will get the code (try search for "baldur's gate 2 cheat code" or "baldur's gate 2 item list"...)

and yes, you cannot steal or beg for the blood, you have to slay her...that's why that armour is only wearable by evil characters...and roleplaying wise, if you have a good or even netural party, it doesn't really make sense slaying her. yet, if you're evil or simply go for powergaming (that armor is really useful), slay her by all means
Old 09-10-2003, 04:18 PM   #8
landsknecht
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Once again, thanks for all the help!

No, I am not playing a evil party, I was just curious about the Human skin armour... and I couldent remember ever playing BGII and finding the Silver Dragon blood, so when I couldent find any this time, I just decided to ask if it was possible to find it (with out slaying the Silver Dragon). Its been a while since I played BGII, I play mainly WWIIOL, but I have had severe problem with my Internet Provider, and therefore havent been able to play anything online for a while... and a friend started to talk about doing some RPGíng... and I then remmebered the BG games... and what a great time I have had since I started to play the games again!!!!