Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2001, 11:13 PM   #1
Ithaqua
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just wondering what people think is more important, your rep or would you be better off keeping the quest items like the girdle/killing guards for their armour.
J-P
Ithaqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2001, 11:41 PM   #2
Telchar of Nogrod
Drow Warrior

When I first started I spent my money on rep. Later on you discover if you are just a good guy most of the time, do all the side quests, you will earn more rep than you can hold. When you are low level, take all the stuff you can get, you are going to need it. Just try to play true to your alighnment. That's what role playing is all about. There are always consequences to your actions, good or bad. Just make sure you explore everything. You'll be surprised what you find. If something is too much, come back later.
SPOILER -
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
Keep that belt, ther isn't another one to be had.

------------------
Baruk Khazad! Khazad Aimenu! The axes of the dwarves! The dwarves are upon you!
Telchar of Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2001, 12:10 AM   #3
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Reputation by all standards. The money you come across as
the game goes. It's hard at first.

------------------
Lurking in the shadow's of your dreams,the Ruby Rouge of the ALSB:2gunfire:

Slayer of Pest's in Cloudy's Cafe'
Elif Godson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2001, 12:31 AM   #4
Ithaqua
Elite Waterdeep Guard

as to keeping true to your allignment does that mean if you are going to play an "EVIL" char you have to have a -rep ie despised?
Old 09-23-2001, 12:53 AM   #5
Telchar of Nogrod
Drow Warrior

No. You can be sharp about it. You can plan things out. Deception is your best asset; unless, you are CCCCE, then you can chop up everyone 'cause you want everyone to hate you. What I mean is "a wolf in sheep's clothing". So a high rep is desirable to fool people. PP can really rule when you get good at it. Don't let me tell you what to do, just use your imagination. Have fun!
Telchar of Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2001, 12:59 AM   #6
G'kar

Remember in the long run, high rep makes things cheaper when buying from merchants. So does high charisma. Its makes a difference ( 20 rep= 50% discount!!!) particularly when purchasing the real expensive stuff.
Old 09-23-2001, 05:50 AM   #7
Kormar the Wanderer
Manshoon

In answer to both questions, a I would retain useful items when needed. There are so many quests that will net you a point of rep it is insane, and often the items (well... depending on the quest) are worth more than the point of rep would cost at a temple, either through cash value or usefulness.

As for the second one, I have said it before and I'll say it again. It is a misconception that all evil characters are despised and slaughter innocents everywhere they go. Evil means that they do what is best for them and that they are willing to put others at risk or manipulate events to gain that. Hell, look at Bill Gates...

------------------
"Beware fool that you put too much stock in the power of the spoken word, lest the unspoken one trample you from behind."
Kormar
Kormar the Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2001, 08:08 AM   #8
Ithaqua
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sorry whats CCCE mean?
Old 09-23-2001, 08:11 AM   #9
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

A little from column A, A Little from colomn B!

Kill The Guards, Take Their Money, And Their Items, Spend It On Rep

------------------

Smoke Me A Kipper, I'll Be Back For Breakfast

The Clan HADB Cleric Of Sephiroth + Jenova
Beaumanoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2001, 05:25 PM   #10
Ed
Manshoon

near the end of the game you will have more money than you could ever need, and reputation is a bit harder to come by. But also, If you have a really high rep, everything can be as much as half price....

------------------

The REAL Minsc/Boo double act .....

Platinum Fighter of ALSB
Ed is offline   Reply With Quote