Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2004, 11:19 AM   #1
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nolavconsole/u...toryid=3963759

I think this may interest some of you. Question Time is a weekly debating programme in the UK with a panel of guests and is usually entertaining.
It's on location in Florida, with a primarily American audience and covers a swathe of issues. The audience is enthusiastic, seems to be split 50/50 and puts forward some good questions and points. Guests include Michael Moore and the 'Axis of Evil' speechwriter.

If that link doesn't work, go to the homepage at http://news.bbc.co.uk, click the "watch bbc news in video" button at the top, select your player. You should then see a menu along the bottom saying 'special coverage' and it should be listed there.

EDIT: If nothing much appears to happening on the video front, just leave it for a minute or so. For some reason it takes a while to appear initially.

[ 10-29-2004, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: shamrock_uk ]
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 12:34 PM   #2
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Michael Moore's problem is he's so willing to interrupt. He also deflects real holes shot in his argument with snide comments or by bringing up other issues entirely. A good watch -- I made it through about 20 minutes while working on something at my desk. Thanks.
Old 10-29-2004, 12:38 PM   #3
Donut
Jack Burton

I watch Question Time every week but I had to turn this off after 20 minutes. Members of the audience shouting over and booing answers given by the panel. A real bear pit.

After "The White House for Sale" and "The Politics of Fear" and half of every news programme being about the US election I'll be pleased when the whole thing is over.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 02:11 PM   #4
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Michael Moore's problem is he's so willing to interrupt. He also deflects real holes shot in his argument with snide comments or by bringing up other issues entirely. A good watch -- I made it through about 20 minutes while working on something at my desk. Thanks.
Well, having seen the entire debate, Moore wasn't all that bad - one off-putting joke at the expense of Republicans aside ("I consider conservatism/republicanism a deviant sort of behaviour as well, and yet when Kerry goes into office, republicans will *still* be allowed to marry one another"), he actually had several remarks that were a lot less "wacko lefty" than people usually ascribe to him. The partisan wacko-factor among audience members seemed a lot higher, in any case.

Either way, it was an interesting watch. I do agree with Donut on the audience's behaviour though - I was actually expecting a "Jerry, Jerry!"-style chant at several moments during the debate.

[ 10-29-2004, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Grojlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 02:11 PM   #5
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Ah, that's a shame. The second half is far superior to the first when they move off the Iraq war. And as for the booing - I think it's mostly good-natured; I guess after watching the House of Commons you get used to it in debates!
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote