Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2001, 05:10 PM   #1
Dirk Gently
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Okay, I'm just trying the prison plane (following the actors who have been captured by bounty hunters), I'm having a lot of difficulty getting through to the Warden without killing any of the slaves with the collars on (I assume that's the aim), maybe my characters aren't tough enough yet, but I get a good kicking by the umber hulks too - I can take out a couple using brute strength but the are too quick to get any tactics going. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-16-2001, 05:19 PM   #2
Melusine
Dracolisk

Dirk, willkommen!
It's ok to kill the Thralls, just do it for the xp.
Try not to walk on the disgusting-looking pink wobbly patches on the floor, as you'll be transported to a room where you'll have to fight. Instead, walk along the edges one by one (try using different party formation)
BTW it is safe to rest in the prison plane, so you can rememorise your spells

------------------
Melusine

Your voice is ambrosia

[This message has been edited by Melusine (edited 03-16-2001).]
Old 03-16-2001, 05:21 PM   #3
Dirk Gently
Elite Waterdeep Guard

appreciated!
Old 03-16-2001, 05:44 PM   #4
Azreall, Master of War
Dungeon Master

You SHOULD walk over those blob-things in the ground... Try to kill as much enemies as posible. Especially if the quest is 2 though to accomplish.

-
--
---
---- SPOILER
---
--
-
--
---
---- SPOILER
---
--
-

And just get them slaves free so they'll kill the warder. They can easily take him. Oh, and those umberz. Be FAST... cast haste or improved haste. I think its one of the best spells in the game.

------------------
"Strength and Honour"

- Azreall, Clanmaster of the Order of the Holy Flame -
Old 03-16-2001, 05:53 PM   #5
Lord Shield

For those tough beasties with no treasure on them, be they Umber Hulk or Vampire, you cannot beat a Chromatic Orb frmo a high-level spellcaster - instant petrification! Any summonings will wear down opposition spells, too. Make good use of those Boots of Speed you found if it's difficult (Chaotic Commands will stop the Confusion)

Old 03-16-2001, 07:01 PM   #6
Epona
Zartan

SPOILER

I have NEVER been successful in getting the freed slaves to kill the warder - I mean not that I want to miss out on the exp, but it would be good to have them distract him at close range while my party takes pot shots at him too.

I always go 'the long way round' and always free the slaves, but they just all get killed, leaving me with the warder still in near perfect health, and my party facing a whole heap of umber hulks before I can even get near the guy! Am I doing something wrong?

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Old 03-16-2001, 07:49 PM   #7
white heron
Manshoon

I usually(had some success with this)send all of my
team but the weakest into the cell closest to the warden.after killing whatever is in there you are ready for a surprise attack.Let your weakest character destroy the ORB in the thingy.
-moments after this get your team out of that cell to the surface where you will be very close to the warden.The released prisoners will do most of the work so concentrate your attacks on the warden.
There is some bounty and experience in those cells and personally i think its worth clearing them out.

------------------
"And remember what i told you....Walk with rage against those who threaten the great Mother!".