Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2005, 06:16 PM   #1
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Ok, this is really kind of frightening. My small pup of eight years now has always been energetic, and has been treated the last year with diabetes. When I got back home today, he started flinching and jerking in his sleep (nightmares) like he does sometimes, but then he woke up, it always looked like he was having a seizure. The spasms came once every four seconds I guess, and he's been flinching off and on all day.

Any information on this?
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 06:43 PM   #2
Arvon
Unicorn

Don't take any over the net analysis. Just go to the vet! Ask for a blood panel workup. Then go from there. Here in the toe hills of the sierras the cost is about $70 for the test + office visit. If you like the dog...do it!

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Arvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 06:51 PM   #3
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I have to agree with Arvon. But I know you cannot always afford a vet, Gangrell. All I can think is did somebody feed him something that may have affected his diabetes? Is he up on his medicines, if yall give him any? You know, you could just call a vet and ask advice, I don't think they charge you for that. Get the phone book and just go through them all until you find one that will give you some information and advice!

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 07:03 PM   #4
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

The reason I ask is because the vet is closed at the time being and will be until Friday, along with anyone else I could call otherwise I never would've bothered asking.

No, he's caught up on everything, I still can't figure it out.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 09:01 PM   #5
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Shop around for a Vet that cares! 90+% are blood suckers!!! The one we visit now is amazing. Sometimes she doesn't even charge for the visit! Most are just there to grab your money 'cos they know how much we love our pets.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:02 PM   #6
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I agree. Haul ass to a vet ASAP.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 11:01 PM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Is this the only vet in town? If not, try some others. Or call to another town that's hopefully not too far away. I think most vets would be willing to give you a quick answer to give you an idea of what to do. They probably won't do a full diagnosis and prescription, but they should be able to give you an idea if it's something that you should consider driving to another town for, or you could hold off until Friday when the regular vet comes back.

You have my sympathies, amigo. Good luck.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 10:28 AM   #8
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Did you call the office? Many times they have an emergency number you can call. Also if you call another vet's office if they can't see you you can find out if there's an Animal Emergency clinic you can take the pet too. It's more expensive, though, so be warned.