Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2001, 12:37 PM   #1
sauron1955
Dungeon Master

Is it possible to get to Brinlock Roon from Ishad N'Ha with out going through the Dragon Spire.
sauron1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2001, 12:40 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Only if you have high athletics and can climb the spire near the trees (and Torin), or have set up a Portal on the east side of Brimloch Roon which you can teleport to - otherwise, it is back through the Spire.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2001, 12:53 PM   #3
sauron1955
Dungeon Master

Thanks, After completing the spire I wanted to complete my paladin,s quest so i slid down the wall by Torin. Bad move! How much athletic skill do you think one of my dauntless hero,s needs climb the spire?
sauron1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2001, 12:59 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Well, gee, I don't know - enough! LOL!!!

Sorry - someone probably has a good idea of what athletic skill it takes to "climb" the spire, but I'm not one of them Give it a try with what you have now and see if you can manage it.

Do you have Create Portal, Teleport and Call of Home yet?? If not, get them SOON!! When you finally make it to Brimloch Roon, set yourself up a Portal on the east side of the gate so that if you feel the need to return again to Ishad N'hahahaha you can just teleport back! MUCH easier!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2001, 02:49 PM   #5
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I think I remember seeing somewhere you have to have either 12 or 14 (don't remember which one) to climb the Spire. Best characters to go with high Athletics, I think, are Barbarian, Monk, Ninja, or maybe a Warrior.

(Ya, toast that water-lover!)

------------------
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2001, 05:46 PM   #6
Max
Dungeon Master

12 has worked for me, not sure if you could try with a lesser skill but maybe.

If you go to the wall near torin, then follow the wall to the west you will see the ground rise up in a small lump just by the wall. This is where I start to climb, look up and use the forward arrow key then wiggle your mouse from side to side, you should start to move up the wall if you don't use the shift key as well now and then. If you get to a point that you can climb no further, then try to move sideways a bit and climb at a 45 degree angle I found this the easyest way once you have started to climb the wall.

Once you have done it a couple of times its becomes easy.

You can also climb down the wall when coming back to Ishad N'ha. Instead of just jumping of the wall just try to walk down the edge of the wall at a 45 degree angle again turning slighly into the wall as you progress down. You can climb down the wall with no damage this way.

Hope that helps..think I might have to do a tips page of my own soon...lol...keep typing all this out.

------------------
......shake it baby.

[This message has been edited by Max (edited 03-04-2001).]
Max is offline   Reply With Quote