Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2002, 05:36 AM   #1
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Do any of you have a particular enemy that gets you so freakin' mad that you feel like smashing your monitor to bits to get at them? My all time most despised baddies are mind flayers. I shudder with disgust every time i have to go through that illithid city.

My favourite would have to be ogres. There so shtoopid it's a delight to kill them.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 06:25 AM   #2
Heartless Butterscotch
The Magister

I can't stand spiders. :shiver: It's not enough that they sink their sharp, hairy fangs into your flesh, they have to inject poison into your veins too.

Having said that, I find Bohdi oddly attractive ...
Heartless Butterscotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 09:25 AM   #3
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Mind Flayers can be a pain in the a**. But so can Beholders. But then, I have figured out good ways to be immune to them both. Just as I have to mainly all other creatures. So I'm not really sure if I have one I hate over all other.

My favourite would have to be Irenicus. Mainly because it is fun watching him madly casting spells which all are useless on me, and then go and squeeze him easily.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 09:26 AM   #4
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Improved Bohdi is a mighty pain the ass.
Old 12-18-2002, 02:46 PM   #5
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Can be classed as a 'baddy' since he's so damn annoying. Noober. Damn his soul!
Old 12-19-2002, 01:51 AM   #6
Mahlennacht
Drow Warrior

It's those VAMPIRES who run around the streets at night; I never know exactly when or where I'll run into them - I'm afraid to walk the streets at night, seriously - they run so fast, our clerics have almost no time to throw up a couple of Negative Plane Protections, and Turn Undead has a delay too. Even then, usually one or two of us has to go to Level Drain Hospital. What a nightmare. Well, Bodhi's hot but all the others are wicked.

Mind Flayers are bad, but usually they congregate in a room which you can scout beforehand with Invis or Stealth, and you can get prepared well in advance. Vampires ambush you.

Favorite "red-circle" character - Irenicus (David Warner is outstanding)

Favorite fights - probably liches, with all the casting they do, it's like a firework display, and they have a SICK dance
Mahlennacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2002, 02:07 AM   #7
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

yeah those vamps can be annoying but usually there's just one of them, sometimes more though, i'll take them over beholders anyday though. I still clean out their "city" for the xp though. the one in the shaughin cities ok
I like Drow, three of them in the game you can as shakespheare put it make the beast w/ two backs, they have drizzt and Viconia a pretty good cleric and the best romance imho
Old 12-19-2002, 02:13 AM   #8
robohobodude
The Magister

Well i'll go with mentioning my favorite baddies to fight personally, when ppl go and try to find cheesy ways to kill dragons, or wait till just before going ot brynn law to kill them i think you're missing out on a lot of fun. My first time through SoA (as a stalker [img]smile.gif[/img] ) i ran into the shadow dragon, not even knowing that there WAS a shadow dragon i was just amazed, i was level 9 i might add, i spent an hour figuring out ways to kill the dragon using the abilities, spells, weapon abilities and other strategies. It was the most fun i ever had playing SoA, but that's beside the point
the baddy i hated most would have to be the slavers in the temple district where you get the celestial fury, i fought them at a low level and i kept running into traps, and getting slaughtered by that Koshi and his stupid katana (altho i enjoyed using it after i tore it from his dead lifeless body!) DAMN YOUR SOUL U STUPID NINJA!! but yeah lol
Old 12-19-2002, 02:49 AM   #9
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

I must agree with shadow dragon. It took long with 9th level party to find out how to kill it. Eventually the answer came, just casting spells with mages and running away with the rest, but a nice fight neverthless. What came next was quite a big of a disaster. Shade Lord and his Altar were just a joke, a couple of fireballs and voilá.. they couldn´t even do any damage to my gang. Quite a disappoitment, that.
Old 12-19-2002, 03:29 AM   #10
Mahlennacht
Drow Warrior

I think I'll enjoy dragonslaying once I get used to it, which I'm not, even though I've played the game 5 times - I used the cheesy ways at first just to get through it, even then it was hard for the newbie... looked at Dundee's primer on dragonslaying - giving me lots of fun ideas... quite a number of ways you can go about killing a dragon

But I HAVE GOT to find a way to be more studly with mindflayers - right now they're too easy by blocking the doorway with two invisible party members and throwing rocks at them [img]graemlins/headshake.gif[/img] I'm starting to get lactose-intolerant if you know what I mean - at least I'm fighting those scary vampires like a man.
Mahlennacht is offline   Reply With Quote