Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2003, 12:56 PM   #1
Jorath Calar
Harper

Hi guys some of you might have or might not have noticed that I have hardly been posting at all for the last month or so... well the reason is that about a month ago I upgraded my computer and I'm very happy with it...(I can finally play NWN... !!) except that I couldn't use my old modem and the upgrade was kind of expensive so I had to wait until getting paid this month to get one so I have been using a library computer...
So TodayI saw a ad in the newspaper for a DSL kind of cheap... well compared to others here... still very expensive but will have to do... so when I got to the store I paid for it and then the woman came back and said she was sorry they were all out but were expecting a delivery this week and said they would let me know when it got here... strange since they were advertising it today huh? I hate big companies...

So I still don't have a modem... and still have to use the library computer...
Old 07-01-2003, 01:04 PM   #2
Stratos
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
So TodayI saw a ad in the newspaper for a DSL kind of cheap... well compared to others here... still very expensive but will have to do... so when I got to the store I paid for it and then the woman came back and said she was sorry they were all out but were expecting a delivery this week and said they would let me know when it got here... strange since they were advertising it today huh? I hate big companies...
When there's an ad for a great deal then you have to be quick, things like these tend to be sold out very quickly.
Old 07-01-2003, 01:06 PM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Ah... the woes of living in a hellhole called Iceland.
Old 07-01-2003, 01:06 PM   #4
BaRoN NiGhT

welcome back then [img]graemlins/happydance.gif[/img] ! good luck for the dsl thing.and congratulations for the new computer. [img]graemlins/happydance.gif[/img]

---------------------
Old 07-01-2003, 02:38 PM   #5
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Stratos:
When there's an ad for a great deal then you have to be quick, things like these tend to be sold out very quickly.
Actually you can be first in line and still don't get the item you need. Commercials from "big companies" as Jorath calls them, isn't always what they seem to be. Imagine ta new computer store named Willow Inc. Let's say this lovely company has 25 stores in 10 locations. I deliver some nice commercial about selling a state of the art computer for $1000. The good news for me as the company is that it is enough for me to have two such computers in one of the 25 stores and none in the rest. I'm not lying at all.

Anywho, I hope everything will work out for you Jorath. Have you thought about cable? Or that isn't a possibility?
Old 07-01-2003, 03:34 PM   #6
Faceman
Hathor

I once worked in the subscription customer service hotline of a magazine which offered items like computers, cell phones, cameras, ... as addition to the subscription. You'd pay like 300$ and get a camera plus 1year magazine.

They used to advertise an item promising max. 2 weeks delivery. Then they waited until enough people had ordered and paid. Then they ordered the item and shipped it. If there weren't enough orders we (the hotline) had to call the people back and tell them that due to some fictional reason it was not available and offer a substitute.
Even if the customer denied and got his money back the company had still made profit by getting the interest for the money they kept for one month (usually longer).