Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2003, 05:18 AM   #1
spydar

just been doing some last minute studying for a political science final and have noticed something kinda funny. not funny ha ha, more funny strange. 3 of the most "evil" leaders in history have moustashes: Stalin, Sadaam, and Hitler. Suspiscious, no? Can anyone think of any others?

by the by, I use qoutations when I say evil cause to me thats a highly subjective term, and completely up to one's own point of view. Though I, personally, would consider those three to be the very epitome of evil. I just don't like throwing around such a powerful term casually.

[ 12-17-2003, 05:19 AM: Message edited by: spydar ]
Old 12-17-2003, 06:23 AM   #2
Jorath Calar
Harper

Bush doesn't so your theory is fundamentally wrong...

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2003, 07:19 AM   #3
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Its so we they have something to reach up and stroke while planning diabolical schemes
Old 12-17-2003, 08:48 AM   #4
uss
20th Level Warrior

I was gonna say Bush, but since our Nicelandic friend already mentioned that ..

http://www.historyguide.org/intellect/robespierre.html

Robespierre, man of, as I heard, Irish origin. He started out as an extreme royalist, but his popularity later grew.
He was the dictator of France for a very short period, but it was he who made much use of the guillotine, and by the sources of my history book, sent approximately 40 000 people to execution.

I sure hope I got my info right, since this link doesn't say much about how he started the terror politics. My history book regarded to him as a very cruel man.

Here is a cute picture of him:

http://www.historyguide.org/images/thermidor.jpg

My history book had this picture, and a note close to it:"This is Robespierre executing the executioner after killing of the rest of France.

This guy may be too old for this topic(1758-1794) since you mentioned tyrants of a much nearer past

I also wanted to mention Gengis Khan, but he's got a mustache
Old 12-17-2003, 08:52 AM   #5
spydar

Quote:
Originally posted by shadowhound:
Its so we they have something to reach up and stroke while planning diabolical schemes
It's all in the evil ponderings isn't? and you gotta have a good diabolical laugh, wonder if Hitler or Stalin had good evil laughs?
Old 12-17-2003, 09:22 AM   #6
Target
Red Dragon

I've been thinking the same thing for ages, glad somone else has spotted that to!!

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Old 12-17-2003, 10:07 AM   #7
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

It's not a coincidence that Saddam has a mustache. He idolizes Stalin (this is not a joke). That's why he tries to look like him and if you read up on your Russian history about what took place when Stalin was in power, you'll see that many of the same atrocities have taken place in Iraq under Saddam's rule. It's scary.
Old 12-17-2003, 10:18 AM   #8
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

My dad has a wickedly evil moustache, so I can kind of see where you guys are coming from.
Old 12-17-2003, 11:16 AM   #9
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
That's why i shave every few days. Whenever there's a little hair on my upper lip, i'm starting to feel...... well, you know.... like breaking stuff, pure evil.

Remember, it's not the person that's evil, it's the moustache. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2003, 11:39 AM   #10
Maelakin
Drow Warrior

Mustaches aren’t evil…they just have their own way of expresses themselves!

Besides, how can something that helps me keep my upper lip comfortably warm in the wintertime be evil?