Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2001, 06:51 AM   #1
Ponjavic
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I can't choose frequent spawn, i can only choose from three choices where the last is often, don't remember the others, where's frequent???
Ponjavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2001, 08:55 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Often will do! or whichever seems to be the highest setting.

Sometimes you can't take our words "literally"

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2001, 09:48 AM   #3
Ponjavic
Elite Waterdeep Guard

How often does creatures spawn at "often"?
Old 06-15-2001, 10:40 AM   #4
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

More often than at normal

No seriously, it's not that often. I've always played at often and the only time it's really challenging is when you first leave the town of Valeia to go adventure. After that, your characters should be strong enough to handle all the creatures (xcept mantraps if you don't expect them) when you meet them.

Often also has an added bonus: because you meet creatures more frequently, your characters will go up level faster. This means that it creature that were designed for a character level under normal will be easier for you when you encounter them.

Good luck

PS: Yes, Often is Frequent.
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2001, 11:06 AM   #5
Ponjavic
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I mean how often does it spawn, i didn't mean encounter rate.
I'm waiting for the spider in the millhouse to spawn cus i need the egg, how long will i have to wait?
Old 06-15-2001, 03:55 PM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Ponjavic - I have no idea how long you might have to wait there. I would suggest that you don't. Go adventuring, gain more experience and check back at the Millhouse now and then. OR - if you have managed to make it west of the Oracle Caves and as far as Ishad N'ha - hang out there. I always met a lot of spiders over there!

Good luck!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2001, 04:21 PM   #7
Traute
The Magister

The spider at the mill won't respawn, though there are several places around the Altar of Serran, where I often meet spiders.
You'll be up to your ears in spiders soon enough.
Spawn=often just means that random groups of monsters turn up more often. Give more XP if you turn game difficulty to 'hard'.

Traute
Traute is offline   Reply With Quote