Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2001, 02:30 PM   #1
jpate1
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I really love my characters. I just started out with two level 6 wizards going with stone sp. However, I've gone as far as a can in the crypt (also done toad quest)because I'm unable to disarm / bash traps open. As there are several quest items in the chests am resigned to killing random monsters until I gain enough points to increase strength. I don't want to change my class until I get all spell in stone. Anyone?
jpate1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 03:09 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, jpate1!

Are you playing with just the 2 wizards?? How about adding a Rogue to your group. Once your wizards are high enough level to pry or disarm traps you could remove them from your party. Have you been able to get the bauble stick from a chest? How far did you get in the crypt??

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 03:13 PM   #3
jpate1
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I got only down to the chest which contains the bauble. And, yes, I only have two wizards. I guess I should create a rogue. Although I really didn't want to split the experience. Any suggestions.
jpate1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 03:25 PM   #4
Conan

Welcome jpate1! Don't forget that you can buy some lock picks in the warriors guild. So you at least should hire some help there. Have fun!
Conan
Old 06-14-2001, 03:28 PM   #5
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Another option is to change your wizards to barbarian as soon as you got level 7 in Stone (shouldn't take too long if you travel to the Nymph lake area and set you spawn to frequent).

Changing to barbarian will allow you to get get good HP and the Lockpick skill. Or, you can change them to a ranger, get vine, and disarm trap spell. Ranger will also give you the cure poison spell that you'll need in the serpent temple (next dungeon after the Crypt)

What's your plan, have your characters gain all the magic fields?

Good luck and keep us posted.
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2001, 03:57 PM   #6
Traute
The Magister

All my groups but the very first one started as wizards to get Stone magic and a few Sun spells (you can always get Sun later as a Samurai). I usually tried for a 80+ roll, so they could start guild-hopping straight away, so that their stats met the requirements of all the classes (10 all, Fortitude and Str 12). If the group is small like yours - I played a solo and a group of three - XP comes rolling in and you make lvls very fast. So you could always concentrate on raising Str for one of them. After Str 14 you can bash open most chests, and you can prevent getting hurt by casting Merlin's Shield on yourself. Don't worry, you'll recover Mana fast enough. I wouldn't change class too early as a magic user; you'll need a few of the high lvl Stone spells, like Merlin's Shield, Lightning, Lavawalk, Stone to Flesh and Meteorstorm - don't leave home without them. If your Str is high enough and you have Merlin's Shield, you're home free, and you can open any chest you like. (And if you have Lavawalk you can take your sweet time about solving the Firepit Puzzle.) And don't forget to fight Rumphy: for a group of two he should be worth over 3k XP a char - as many times as you want.
You wouldn't need a rogue that way.

Traute

Traute

------------------
Traute
Traute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2001, 07:30 AM   #7
Radek
Red Dragon

I suspect the game that it requires a minimal value of STR to allow you to open a chest by force. Perhaps, your wizards aren't enough meaty for the task. Try improving your STR. You can train STR in the Warrior's Guild.
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote